Car Mount with auto switch to Car mode - Cheap

gloster

Reaction score
I've always been tempted to try a magnet mount but have worried about the following. R1Lover, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

1) Can the magnet somehow mess with the phone? I'm less fearful of this one now since obviously the DROID is meant to be triggered by magnets. Although, I assume this is a much stronger magnet.

2) Does it really hold securely even when going over bumpy roads and making sharp turns? You mention it works vertically, I'm really surprised the phone doesn't start to rotate.

3) How thick is the metal plate you have to put on the phone? Does it bug you?

Thanks

OP
R1Lover

R1Lover

Reaction score
It's strong enough to stay in place for sure... I was surprised as well. The plate thickness is about 1/16" thick and has not cause me any grief.

scarrz

Reaction score
Can I ask how this magnet sticks to the phone back battery case? Is it glued? Also, could i stick the magnet underneath a seido case? Thanks.

bgrubb7

Reaction score
Does the magnet mount throw the Droid into car mode. I'm actually hoping that it doesn't as I'm not a fan of car mode.

CYBER DROIID

Reaction score
Interesting how does this mount to car? double sided tape?
If you were to put the magnet on the bottom bellow Motorola symbol would it activate the home dock mode?
Your are saying with the magnet in place it automatically puts it into car dock mode right?