Car mount for Ford F-150 Pickup?

cuskit

Reaction score
I'm wondering if any Ford truck owners have found a suitable mount for their Droid. My 2006 model has a windshield that is too far forward to use a glass mount. And there's not much in the way of a/c vents for vent type mounts. And the accessory 12v socket is much too low on the dash, which puts those type mounts dangerously low for safe viewing without taking your eyes off the road too much. Any options?

cuskit

skidemn

Reaction score
Panavise mount and special holder

I'm wondering if any Ford truck owners have found a suitable mount for their Droid. My 2006 model has a windshield that is too far forward to use a glass mount. And there's not much in the way of a/c vents for vent type mounts. And the accessory 12v socket is much too low on the dash, which puts those type mounts dangerously low for safe viewing without taking your eyes off the road too much. Any options?

cuskit

There are two panavise mounts that work with your truck, on that mounts between the radio trim bezel and center dash, and the other that mounts between the radio itself and the radio trim bezel.
75107-307exp.jpg

751072407expnav.jpg

I pair them with a universal mount that I add a magnet inside so you get a finished holder that looks something like this:
InDash_Droid_11.jpg

Obviously this is not your vehicle but you get the idea.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recommend Pro Clip's holders but not their mounts. I'd suggest looking at Panavise for mounts. You can use one brand with the other.

brippeon

Reaction score
The Motorola car mount comes with a round piece of plastic with 3M backing so that you can stick it on any flat surface and then attach the glass mount to it

kpiskin

Reaction score
I just use the Garmin dash mount (with the beanbag sort of base) and that works fine for me.

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Guys, thanks all for the great advice! I'm leaning towards the clips that mount under the bezel. I like that it will allow me to locate it high up on the dash this way, and keep my line of sight as close to the road as possible. And it looks to be a very professional manner of attachment! :)

cuskit

coolkidd

Reaction score
Check out RAM Mounts... You can customize it to your likeness (although they do not have one for the Droid yet but they have a universal holder for smartphones, though)

skidemn

Reaction score
Guys, thanks all for the great advice! I'm leaning towards the clips that mount under the bezel. I like that it will allow me to locate it high up on the dash this way, and keep my line of sight as close to the road as possible. And it looks to be a very professional manner of attachment! :)

cuskit

If you decide to go with the Panavise mount (installs under bezel) like I posted above, PM me and I'll send you a coupon code for 10% off. In case I didn't mention it before, the holder does not interfere with the Droid's buttons or USB port so you can still access volume and plug in your charger while docked.