OP
GROMAddict

GROMAddict

Reaction score
Website
gromaudio.com
Twitter
gromaudio
DashLinQ supports TuneIn WebRadio without you actually installing the TuneIn app. All you need to do is when you sen the shortcut within DashLinQ, go to "PLUGINS" and choose 'WebRadio". No sign ups or subscriptions required.
tunein.png

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Okay thanks. I'll have to sit out. My 2012 and 2014 aren't supported.
You can run the app standalone. Grom also makes hardware that installs in your car, but only support certain makes, models, and years. I actually won a kit from them, but my Dodge car (at the time) wasn't supported, so I had to decline. ;( I would assume that that screen asking about the make and model of your vehicle is more geared towards interfacing with that hardware. You should still be able to use the app though.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You can run the app standalone. Grom also makes hardware that installs in your car, but only support certain makes, models, and years. I actually won a kit from them, but my Dodge car (at the time) wasn't supported, so I had to decline. ;( I would assume that that screen asking about the make and model of your vehicle is more geared towards interfacing with that hardware. You should still be able to use the app though.
Neither of my vehicles are supported with the hardware. I ran the software for a couple of trips. Not really for me. This is the second dash mode app that I've used. Just don't really see the point.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Neither of my vehicles are supported with the hardware. I ran the software for a couple of trips. Not really for me. This is the second dash mode app that I've used. Just don't really see the point.
Got ya. Yeah. I like the idea, but I've never really used an app like this even when I had phones that came with their own "Car Mode" apps that are similar.

I guess if you you're in the car a lot, these are a great idea to stay more safe, but it's just not something I'd use very often.