Car mode and dock mode

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
I recently stumbled across both the dick mode and the car panel. I never even knew the inc2 had these. I still don't know how I got into them or where to find them. I've figured out that I can use the search button to find them but that's a but tedious. How are these triggered our where can I find them?
sent from a thing using an app

Jerminator617

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your problem but I hope you meant dock mode not dick mode.. cuz that wouldn't be very useful for a phone

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

twokatmew

Reaction score
There are no icons for either Dock Mode or Car Panel under Gingerbread. If you want to create icons for them, download Elixir 2 Widget from the Market. Elixir 2 allows you to create widgets as small as 1x1, so you can create icons for these apps. Elixir 2 Widget is free, but you can make a donation and get a code to get rid of ads. I've been using Elixir for a long time and highly recommend it. The new version 2 is broken into two apps, one for viewing system info and the widget creator. I use both, but if all you want to do is create icons or widgets, all you need is the Widget app.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I find that if I don't get a good night's sleep I automatically go into dick mode.

OP
dopeskwyd

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Is there something that triggers these?
If not I'm curious why they would include apps that don't show up in the app drawer. How are we supposed to find them?

pistacio

Reaction score
Usually the OEM car dock or home docks trigger those apps.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

OP
dopeskwyd

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
And what other incredibly useful apps are they hiding? I just now found the stock clock app.

Conz

Reaction score
I don't even know what dock or car mode are. Anyone got a link or care to gimmie a quick explanation?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
dopeskwyd

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Hit your search button and look for "dock mode " or "car mode "

Godly 1

Reaction score
Stock clock app? Using the search in the lower right corner of the phone, I did find the Car App, and Dock app... I haven't found the stock clock app though... Is it a work around the "known issue" of the HTC clock not opening when you touch it? Has anyone found other useful hidden apps through the Search on unrooted Dinc 2's?
Thanks!

lololady

Reaction score
Stock clock app? Using the search in the lower right corner of the phone, I did find the Car App, and Dock app... I haven't found the stock clock app though... Is it a work around the "known issue" of the HTC clock not opening when you touch it? Has anyone found other useful hidden apps through the Search on unrooted Dinc 2's?
Thanks!

My search button just opens Google search, it doesn't search my phone.... What do I do to change that?

Godly 1

Reaction score
I should have explained a little better... My bad. When you touch that little search magnifier in the lower right corner, it will open Google search, then I just typed the letter A, and saw what was there. Then B. Then C. Then D. Then E. Then F. Then G. Then H. And on and on and on.