Car hookup

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by g8rdd, Dec 9, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. g8rdd

g8rdd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I wanted to get a device to hook a Droid 2 up to a car, as a present. I was hoping to find one that connects to the speakers and charges the phone... The last time I was in the car (I think it's a 2005 acura tsx), I briefly looked around and could not find a 3.5mm aux. plug. Can someone tell me what other options there are? I'd appreciate it!
  2. bthomp21

bthomp21 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is car bluetooth capable?

If not, you would have to look at the cd player in the back and check if it has RCA input, then you could buy the red/white rca cable to 3.5mm jack.

Another option, not as good quality, but you could buy the FM transmitter.
  3. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In addition to the ones above:
    • Replace the head unit
    • See if there's an aux in adapter for the factory stereo

Note that almost none of the solutions address charging the phone. There isn't a single dock connector, as on iOS devices, that both charge and handle audio output. In many situations 2 connections are required: one for the audio and one for power.

A2DP, specifically. For example, my Nissan Rogue has BT but it doesn't support A2DP -- which the OP would need to use the BT approach.

This should be a last resort unless you don't care about audio quality. Or maybe live in the sticks where there aren't many radio stations.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
Search tags for this page
hooking up droid razr to bluetooth in car
how to sync samsung galaxy s3 with 2013 nissan rogue
htc incredible hook up to truck

nissan rogue radio hack

nissan rogue usb port hack