1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Car Home

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by syrkel2, Dec 18, 2009.

1. syrkel2

syrkel2 New Member

I have looked through all the posts on the forum and I'm curious about car home. When you are docked in car home with the car mount for the droid the phone screen when a call is in progress does not rotate to landscape mode; so basically everything is sideways instead of facing up and down. Will we only be able to make this possible in a custom rom or is there a way to do this now?
  2. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

I'm sure that is all possible. Perhaps instead of trying to squish everything top to bottom, you can still have things orient horizontally but left to right.
  3. 640k

640k New Member

phone calls are always in portrait orientation, no matter what application or orientation that you're in. someone will either need to release a new phone app, or google will have to make a change.
  4. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

I'm sure it wouldn't be too much work for a decent programmer to make a second "landscape" version of the phone app and run a conditional statement when launching, but I think that is still a little ways down the road.
  5. syrkel2

syrkel2 New Member

ok

Yeah i was just wondering is all... maybe somebody will see this here and decide to do it. It would be great and I like the above post about not cutting everything off but just orienting everything on the screen from left to right. I don't know how to code or anything but I wish I did.