Car Home

WHJake

Reaction score
I had a widget (or shortcut) on my D1 called "Car Home" that would change the home screen to car mode. I can't find it in Market for the RAZR - any suggestions? Also, what is the mechanism to trigger the car home screen when the RAZR is inserted into the Motorola car dock? The D1 used a magnet.

dmeguy

Reaction score
I'm looking for the app too.

As far as the "trigger", I believe the phone recognizes the dock type by the usb port. I'm guessing that is why the phone plugs in to all of the available dock options, including the car dock. I can't see any other reason for it to plug in to the car dock. The magnet trigger on the OG had issues with battery drain because the magnetic closure on some universal cases would trigger the dock mode, leaving the screen turned on.

OP
W

WHJake

Reaction score
Thanks. I figured it was the connection. Must be some kind of active circuit in the dock that tells the phone which accessory is connected? I want to use a non-Motorola car dock, hence the need for the app, or a way to "trick" the phone into car home mode.

mikera67

Reaction score
More than likely triggered by magnet in dock itself, just like the original Droid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
W

WHJake

Reaction score
Finally found the app - it's called Car Mode Control. It can be found in the market.