car home force closes

apl3

Reaction score
I am running 2.1 the rooted version. build number ese81. everything seems to work except when I press car home and then press voice search it tells me that "The application car home (process com.android.cardock) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close" Any Ideas? Thanks in advance

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I am running 2.1 the rooted version. build number ese81. everything seems to work except when I press car home and then press voice search it tells me that "The application car home (process com.android.cardock) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close" Any Ideas? Thanks in advance

Where did you get it from? Have you tried goig into recovery and wiping data and cache before flashing the update?

vsmode

Reaction score
apl3, How did you fix this? I just rooted myself and found the same issue with Car Home. Any advice is greatly appreciated?

cuberille

Reaction score
Grrr..

Drives me insane when ppl do that :stupid:. I mean c'mon... the whole point of forums is to post the solutions so that everyone can benefit.

OK...rant over... anyways, 3 hours later, I had the same problem on the desire. What fixed it for me was dl'ing VoiceSearch_2.1.apk (can be found here: VoiceSearch_2.1.apk)

Hope that helps

ps. was using CarDock.apk (found here: CarDock.apk)

abhidon

Reaction score
hmm *reinstallin* VoiceSearch_2.1.apk didnt fix it for me. How is VoiceSearch related to CarDock ?

Anyhow, I figured that I was missing Google Maps. It complained about a missing activity MapsActivity in AndroidManifest.xml.

Last edited: