Car finder that includes garage level

amjacobs1

Reaction score
I need an app that not only finds my car but also gives an elevation. I frequently park in garages and sometimes I forget what level I'm on. It would be nice if the app let me add the level number or use the elevation to find the car. Anything in the market like that?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember a car finder app in the Market, you've probably already seen that. Your best bet is just do a search on car in the Market and see what else you can find, or maybe try Google (find car droid) and see if that doesn't lead you somewhere.

OP
A

amjacobs1

Reaction score
Why not email a dev of a car finder app and ask for that feature?
I did that for Car Locator although I didn't get a response. Other comments mentioned the developer was good about responding to e-mails. The application appears to be the best one of the bunch. However, it costs $3.99 and I'd rather not pay that much until the elevation feature is taken care of.

toddegreene

Reaction score
Carrr Matey in the Marketplace allows you to write level, letter, space and color. Hokey pirate theme, but works well.

Menu->Harbor...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why not email a dev of a car finder app and ask for that feature?
I did that for Car Locator although I didn't get a response. Other comments mentioned the developer was good about responding to e-mails. The application appears to be the best one of the bunch. However, it costs $3.99 and I'd rather not pay that much until the elevation feature is taken care of.

I would think an elevation feature would be at least another couple of bucks. But it sounds like a great idea. I'd pay 6.00 for it.

Grabraham

Reaction score
Not sure how easy that would be to do... unless the garage goes UP... most underground garages don't seem to get a very good GPS signal :)

NOLAsailing

Reaction score
It doesn't strike me as feasible using altitude - different garages will have different floors at different altitudes. In New Orleans I might be below sea level on floor 2.

I would be happy with a manual entry.

OP
A

amjacobs1

Reaction score
Not sure how easy that would be to do... unless the garage goes UP... most underground garages don't seem to get a very good GPS signal :)
That's true. I only park in above level garages, so I've never heard of that. I guess I could combine the program with the app "GPS status" as long as I can get a GPS signal by pointing the Droid out the opening of the edge of an above-level garage.

OP
A

amjacobs1

Reaction score
It doesn't strike me as feasible using altitude - different garages will have different floors at different altitudes. In New Orleans I might be below sea level on floor 2.

I would be happy with a manual entry.
Yep, that's a good idea.

lexbishop

Reaction score
As someone said above, use Carrr Matey's Harbor feature to draw the info in, the GPS works and harbor won't take you long to do.

donaldsc

Reaction score
Low Tech Solution

You could just e-mail yourself a note telling you where you are parked. Alternatively, just write yourself a note directly in your droid.

Sometimes simple solutions are the best.