Car Dock With No Audio Out

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
I just got my Samsung Fascinate with the car dock manufactured by Samsung as a replacement from Motorola Droid. I didnt know that the dock has a 3.5mm audio out on the back that connects thru a slider unit that inserts into the Samsung's micro USB port so I was excited that I only had to connect one thing for both power and audio. The only problem is that there is no audio coming out of the port and no where on Samsung's website nor Verizon, does it mention that the docks had audio out going from the micro USB plug that input for power and out for audio. I am not sure if it was mistake in manufacturing or if I got a DOA. Please, if anybody has this same issue, let me know if you are having the same problem.

Thanks!!

czm2000

Reaction score
It will begin working when 2.2 us released.

-Made using my Android Phone

OP
tallnerd1985

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
It will begin working when 2.2 us released.

-Made using my Android Phone

I just found this out. It wasnt until I looked at my wife's home dock that there was a sticker covering the 3.5mm jack stating it wont be available until 2.2 update. Now the question is when the update comes out, either us or Sprint to be ported??

Tbass

Reaction score
Fascinate Car Dock

Where did you buy the car dock? I am looking to get the fascinate and would like a car dock

Shill

Reaction score
Where does the car dock mount? I'm looking for something easily accessible for navigation

serika

Reaction score
Where does the car dock mount? I'm looking for something easily accessible for navigation

on your windshield, or anywhere on your dash where it's flat(comes with a adapter for that).

cellboy42

Reaction score
I tried to use a cable as well and no audio out is confirmed. HOWEVER... you can play Blockbuster movies and Bluetooth the sound to a Bluetooth speaker (visor clip) and then FM transmit to the stereo. Verizon sells a few of those models.

kjcbird54

Reaction score
I just bought the car dock yesterday, and I am having the very same problem. I'm very frustrated with it. Why have the audio port, if it the phone doesn't have the capabilits to have audio through the micro usb?

wtherrell

Reaction score
Does placing the phone in the dock automatically launch the car dock app?

mickdroid

Reaction score
So when is the darned update (2.2 or whatever) coming? All this hype and then they don't have the phone updated to use these accessories. Sounds almost like AT&T style planning.

mickdroid

Reaction score
Pardon me

Pardon my old fart ignorance but what and where is AOTS? Sounds interesting if they have valid news updates.

wtherrell

Reaction score
Pardon my old fart ignorance but what and where is AOTS? Sounds interesting if they have valid news updates.
g4 is computer gaming network on Cable tv. Attack Of The Show. Used to be a good helpful channel until gamers bought it out and took it over. Now I just get a podcast of AOTS and don't bother with the hours and hours of gaming stuff. Sometimes they show reruns of stuff like Heroes, etc with IM commentary from staff and viewers. They usually have pretty reliable sources, though, IMHO.