1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Car Dock With No Audio Out

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate Accessories' started by tallnerd1985, Sep 10, 2010.

1. tallnerd1985

tallnerd1985 New Member

I just got my Samsung Fascinate with the car dock manufactured by Samsung as a replacement from Motorola Droid. I didnt know that the dock has a 3.5mm audio out on the back that connects thru a slider unit that inserts into the Samsung's micro USB port so I was excited that I only had to connect one thing for both power and audio. The only problem is that there is no audio coming out of the port and no where on Samsung's website nor Verizon, does it mention that the docks had audio out going from the micro USB plug that input for power and out for audio. I am not sure if it was mistake in manufacturing or if I got a DOA. Please, if anybody has this same issue, let me know if you are having the same problem.

Thanks!!
  2. czm2000

czm2000 New Member

It will begin working when 2.2 us released.

-Made using my Android Phone
  3. tallnerd1985

tallnerd1985 New Member

I just found this out. It wasnt until I looked at my wife's home dock that there was a sticker covering the 3.5mm jack stating it wont be available until 2.2 update. Now the question is when the update comes out, either us or Sprint to be ported??
  4. Tbass

Tbass New Member

Fascinate Car Dock

Where did you buy the car dock? I am looking to get the fascinate and would like a car dock
  5. tallnerd1985

tallnerd1985 New Member

You can pickup the dock from your local VZW store for $29.99
  6. serika

serika New Member

Is this for sure? what source did you pick that up from?
  7. Shill

Shill New Member

Where does the car dock mount? I'm looking for something easily accessible for navigation
  8. serika

serika New Member

on your windshield, or anywhere on your dash where it's flat(comes with a adapter for that).
  9. cellboy42

cellboy42 New Member

I tried to use a cable as well and no audio out is confirmed. HOWEVER... you can play Blockbuster movies and Bluetooth the sound to a Bluetooth speaker (visor clip) and then FM transmit to the stereo. Verizon sells a few of those models.
  10. kjcbird54

kjcbird54 New Member

I just bought the car dock yesterday, and I am having the very same problem. I'm very frustrated with it. Why have the audio port, if it the phone doesn't have the capabilits to have audio through the micro usb?
  11. wtherrell

wtherrell Member

Does placing the phone in the dock automatically launch the car dock app?
  12. mickdroid

mickdroid New Member

So when is the darned update (2.2 or whatever) coming? All this hype and then they don't have the phone updated to use these accessories. Sounds almost like AT&T style planning.
  13. bad355camaro

bad355camaro New Member

g4 said we will have the update by the end of the year today on AOTS
  14. mickdroid

mickdroid New Member

Pardon me

Pardon my old fart ignorance but what and where is AOTS? Sounds interesting if they have valid news updates.
  15. wtherrell

wtherrell Member

g4 is computer gaming network on Cable tv. Attack Of The Show. Used to be a good helpful channel until gamers bought it out and took it over. Now I just get a podcast of AOTS and don't bother with the hours and hours of gaming stuff. Sometimes they show reruns of stuff like Heroes, etc with IM commentary from staff and viewers. They usually have pretty reliable sources, though, IMHO.
  16. Tbass

Tbass New Member

I have the car dock. Audio output doesn't work...yet. Hopefully, it will after an update.

The car dock has a sliding piece with a male micro usb plug built into it. The phone goes to car dock mode when you slide the piece over to engage the male plug into your phone. The phone stays in the dock just fine without the sliding piece engaged. Furthermore, I have found that if I am in a map app (for example: google maps, my tracks, google navigation) the phone will stay in the app after engaging the male plug. Hope this answers your question.
  17. bttb

bttb New Member

Car and desktop dock will have audio out with 2.2 update.

[​IMG] Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
    [​IMG] You are now chatting with 'Phelps'
    Phelps: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
    Visitor: Hi,
    Phelps: hi.
    Visitor: I have the Samsung Fascinate.
    Phelps: Please go ahead with your query.
    Visitor: It currently has the 2.1 Droid OS.
    Visitor: I have bought several accessories because I like the phone so much.
    Phelps: Okay.
    Visitor: But after purchasing them and installing. Such as the desktop and car cradle, I have found that the audio output through these accessoies do not work.
    Phelps: Iam sorry to know that.
    Visitor: And then found out that they will not work until the phone updates to at least 2.2 Droid OS.
    Visitor: Is this true? If so when will the update be out. Verizon says waiting on Samsung. And last Samsung rep I spoke with said it's Verizon. I know that I'm fed up with the pass the buck answers and would like a strait answer.
    Visitor: Please indulge...
    Phelps: I understand that you want to know about the Android 2.2 update for your mobile. Am I correct?
    Visitor: Somewhat.
    Phelps: I would like to inform you that Android 2.2 update will fix the issue with the audio output with the accessories.
    Visitor: So when and where can I get it?
    Phelps: May I have 2 minutes of time, while I check our database and gather the information about the Android 2.2?
    Visitor: And why would they release a product/accessory that only half works?
    Visitor: Please go right ahead.
    Phelps: Thank you.
    Phelps: Thanks for holding.
    Phelps: Let me inform you in this regard.
    Visitor: K
    Phelps: Your mobile phone is upgradable to Android 2.2. I apologize for the confusion regarding the miscommunication of Android 2.2 release from the Samsung. Unfortunately, as of now Android 2.2 is not officially released in US. However, it should be released in upcoming days.
    Phelps: Once the update get's released it is going to be posted on the Samsung website download center for your convenience.
    Visitor: How many days? And would I find it under the support tab?
    Visitor: Can I see what updates and fixes are in the update now?
    Phelps: As of now we are unable to speculate when/if a software revision might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.
    Phelps: I will explain you in this regard.
    Visitor: How about generally, days, weeks?
    Phelps: Iam sorry, as of now unfortunately there is no specific expected time for the date of release.
    Visitor: If we are registered on the Samsung site will it e-mail me of the release?
    Phelps: Yes, it will.
    Visitor: Where can I see a listing of the fixes?
    Phelps: I see that the resolutions might be available after the release of the update.
    Visitor: Ok. Thanks.
    Phelps: You are welcome.
    Phelps: Is there anything else, I can assist you with?
    Visitor: Nope.
  18. tenacious bee

tenacious bee New Member

Don't know where else to post so I am putting it here. I am an avid smartphone user. I have had many. I have never been frustrated with a samsung product until now. I understand the audio out through te usb port not being ready until froyo. What has me steamed is that if you use the 3.5mm audio jack it kills the mic on the phone. So if you use a digital audio cable to listen to the music on your phone you can answer calls but cannot be heard. Okay so maybe that will get fixed with 2.2. Samsung had to go the extra mile in the march to dumbness by also making all blue tooth head set mics inoperable when the cable is plugged in as well. This combined with the driver issues means the fascinate is going to one of the kids and the wife is getting an iPhone. I also hate iPhones but the simplicity of their use puts her on auto pilot and out of my already thinning hair LOL. If someone replies with a hey dum azz here is how you do it post I would be most grateful.
  19. Arcstriker

Arcstriker New Member

Due do its lack of support for audio in the Car Mount I have Rooted and Flashed the "leaked" ver. 2.2 Froyo to the Fascinate. I own the Verizon Samsung Car mount, and IT SUCKS. I'm returning it, and the phone. Even with that 3.5mm jack working, you have to open Music Player, and turn on the output for it (EVERY TIME you mount). So if you want to stream Pandora while driving down the road, you have to FIRST open music player, turn on the output, THEN go back to Pandora and play. The mount has only 1 (ONE) adjustment on it, and its right at the phone, if you have a high dash, it will stick up very high in your path of view. It really is a poor design. The phone doesn't fully charge thru the USB port while streaming music thru the USB at the same time. 1 two hour trip with the phone PLUGGED IN, and streaming music as well as using the GPS and the the battery was down to 60% WHILE PLUGGED IN!
  20. 3PO

3PO New Member

Search tags for this page

did a phone update on droid dna now car dock dosnt work

no sound samsung dock speaker jack

samsung charge droid no audio from docking station jack

samsung fascinate dock 3.5mm

samsung s4 streaming audio car usb output

sound goes off in car dock