Car-Dock question

deek

Reaction score
I have recently ordered up the Car-Dock and I am expecting its arrival any day now.

I was messing around with my Droid X in my car today, and I plugged in my Auxilary Cord into the 3.5mm jack and I was curious if it would play over my car speakers the sound (I called my voicemail). It did, but something I was unable to check was making a call and finding out if the other person would be able to hear me if I did it this way.

I know that the Car Dock will automatically put calls on speakersphone, but, wouldn't it be better if it played it over the car speakers? Would the MICs be muted, or would I need to go into some sort of settings?

I think it would be pretty nice if the DroidX would allow me to leave it on the CarDock, answer a call, and hear what the person on the other line play thru my car speakers and speak back to them with just simply talking. I know that the X has 3 MICs that seem to be pretty sensitive and can pick up sound from a good distance.

Sure save a person the nuisance of having to buy a handsfree set for while they are driving.

Thoughts?

Warner

Reaction score
I have recently ordered up the Car-Dock and I am expecting its arrival any day now.

I was messing around with my Droid X in my car today, and I plugged in my Auxilary Cord into the 3.5mm jack and I was curious if it would play over my car speakers the sound (I called my voicemail). It did, but something I was unable to check was making a call and finding out if the other person would be able to hear me if I did it this way.

I know that the Car Dock will automatically put calls on speakersphone, but, wouldn't it be better if it played it over the car speakers? Would the MICs be muted, or would I need to go into some sort of settings?

I think it would be pretty nice if the DroidX would allow me to leave it on the CarDock, answer a call, and hear what the person on the other line play thru my car speakers and speak back to them with just simply talking. I know that the X has 3 MICs that seem to be pretty sensitive and can pick up sound from a good distance.

Sure save a person the nuisance of having to buy a handsfree set for while they are driving.

Thoughts?

It DOES. Exactly what you want it to do, it does. The caller's voice will play over your car's speakers. In addition to that, if you are listening to music when a call comes in, the music pauses while you take the call and continues after you hang up. If you are using navigation AND music, the music will pause when a direction needs to be spoken (again, over your car's speakers). If you have Navigation AND music AND a phone call comes in, the phone call will be answered, BUT if you are talking and the navigation needs to tell you to turn, THAT will take precedence over everything. After all, missing a turn can take you 40 miles out of your way sometimes. Very cool setup. I don't use navigation much (usually know where I am going!), but I constantly stream music (Pandora) and get calls come in. Works great.

Warner

OP
D

deek

Reaction score

Thoughts?

It DOES. Exactly what you want it to do, it does. The caller's voice will play over your car's speakers. In addition to that, if you are listening to music when a call comes in, the music pauses while you take the call and continues after you hang up. If you are using navigation AND music, the music will pause when a direction needs to be spoken (again, over your car's speakers). If you have Navigation AND music AND a phone call comes in, the phone call will be answered, BUT if you are talking and the navigation needs to tell you to turn, THAT will take precedence over everything. After all, missing a turn can take you 40 miles out of your way sometimes. Very cool setup. I don't use navigation much (usually know where I am going!), but I constantly stream music (Pandora) and get calls come in. Works great.

Warner

That's awesome!!! Does it come w/ an extra Auxilary cord? Just curious.. Glad to hear that'll play over the speakers and I can talk freely w/o having to use a mic up close, or hands-free set. Glad to know it can do all that.. Excited to use it now..

Warner

Reaction score

Thoughts?

Warner

That's awesome!!! Does it come w/ an extra Auxilary cord? Just curious.. Glad to hear that'll play over the speakers and I can talk freely w/o having to use a mic up close, or hands-free set. Glad to know it can do all that.. Excited to use it now..

Yeah, it's pretty slick. I believe it does come with the Aux cable and I can't recall if it comes with a charger or not......but it works really well.

Warner

sjohn902

Reaction score
To add to what he said, it doesn't come with a charger. And to make things easier, I would recommend Custom Car Home. It's made by another user here and adds a ton of flexibilty to the setup. I still have the default car home launch when my phone is docked, but use CCH in the one custom app slot that car home affords you.