Car dock option for Droid Turbo

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Here is a link to a car dock option if Motorola doesn't come out with one.
Several different manufactures names with same looking dock, search around if out of stock.

Only thing not sure about is if dock arms will interfere with buttons on phone.
If anyone tries it out post back.

Probably want to get a higher output charger cord than what it comes with to alleviate the discharging faster when in use than it can charge. something with the dame amps as the ac cord comes with.
Stock Turbo ac charger 1.6 amps
Car docks have been coming with around 750ma

Amazon.com CHOE UPGRADED Qi Wireless Car Charger Dock with Wide Charging Area Wireless Charger for Nexus 6 SONY Xperia Z3V Nexus 5 Nexus 4 Nokia Lumia 920 MOTO Droid Mini HTC Droid DNA HTC Rzound Blackberry Z30 Pentax Samsung Google LG HTC and Other Qi-Enabled Phones Cell Phones Accessories

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Nice!

Beer

Reaction score
That looks nice but I wonder if it will activate "car dock mode"?

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
That looks nice but I wonder if it will activate "car dock mode"?
I don't think there is a car dock mode yet. Hopefully when Motorola produce a car dock it will get an update enabling it.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm hoping for car dock mode as well. I'm still rocking my Bionic because I can charge and play music when in the dock with that sweet Y-cable that came with it. I'm probably getting a Turbo soon, but this alone is holding me back. Anyone have a decent solution to play music in the car right now? I have an Aux In, but didn't want to run multiple cables everywhere to charge and play. I had a Blackberry BT receiver that worked ok, but didn't always connect to phones well. Anyone?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
2-3 months later. What are you guys using (if anything) in the car?

holstein

Reaction score
I got the ibolt miniPro from amazon Prime. Used it once to hold the phone (in case) while using Navigation. Worked fine.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I use the Qi Infinity Car Charger Dock and the Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth to aux adapter. I'm very happy with both of them, got them from Amazon. Audio just connects automatically when I turn the car on.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Looking into that Kinivo...my aux is in the center console, so I could finally hide all the wiring. Sweet.

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I use the Qi Infinity Car Charger Dock and the Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth to aux adapter. I'm very happy with both of them, got them from Amazon. Audio just connects automatically when I turn the car on.
Does the side wings hit the volume buttons on th QI infinity dock.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Does the side wings hit the volume buttons on th QI infinity dock.
Nope, the buttons are above the wings and the wings hold the phone in well. I don't have to adjust the wings either, I just drop the phone right in. Attached is a pic showing the volume buttons. I highly recommend this if you want a dock in your car, been using it for a few months now.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423679983793.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423679983793.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 658

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Looking into that Kinivo...my aux is in the center console, so I could finally hide all the wiring. Sweet.
Yeah, mine too. I have an AC port and aux in my center console so the whole thing is hidden. There is a wired control module you can run to your dash, but I rarely use it because my phone is right in front of me in the dock. I just love the auto connect, a few other models I tried didn't do this.

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Yeah, mine too. I have an AC port and aux in my center console so the whole thing is hidden. There is a wired control module you can run to your dash, but I rarely use it because my phone is right in front of me in the dock. I just love the auto connect, a few other models I tried didn't do this.
So does the mic on the phone work also since the Kinivo control module with the mike is hidden away ?

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
So does the mic on the phone work also since the Kinivo control module with the mike is hidden away ?
Great question. I actually use a Jawbone for calls, so I haven't given the Kinivo mic a fair shot. I imagine if you plan to use the mic that you could run the control button piece out somewhere where it could pick up your voice. Amazon has a lot of reviews on this that might be more helpful.