Car dock not working right?

Riley

Reaction score
I bought the Samsung car dock but it won't put the phone in car mode or even landscape mode. Google car says its not compatible. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
Riley

Riley

Reaction score
Here is the real Samsung mount Galaxy Nexus

Please post any reviews if anyone has it..

That's the one I have...its great for normal portrait non car dock use....but doesn't activate any car dock home like my moto devices did. If you try and install Google car home it says not compatible with your device.

SniperDroid

Reaction score
I bought the Samsung car dock but it won't put the phone in car mode or even landscape mode. Google car says its not compatible. Any thoughts?

That automatic car dock mode is part of the Bloatware from Motorola.... Not on the nexus. You can get an app for a car dock from the Market,
I actually use that on my OG Droid when driving since I don't have a mount. If your dock charges the Nexus let me know so I can buy one.....

OP
Riley

Riley

Reaction score
That automatic car dock mode is part of the Bloatware from Motorola.... Not on the nexus. You can get an app for a car dock from the Market,
I actually use that on my OG Droid when driving since I don't have a mount. If your dock charges the Nexus let me know so I can buy one.....

No charging.... from dock. While in the dock I simply plug my audio and charge cables in. The single use audio/charge cable I was using with my Droid 3 does not work. Separate is fine.

Also I used a 3rd party market car dock app....many apps stay in portrait mode....maybe ics causing that?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I assumed this is the one with the built in ports... I guess the one available in the UK is not Samsung made. Please post reviews if anyone have it.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm also trying to find the dock w/the built-in audio/charging...pretty frustrating that it doesn't seem to exist, and that it isn't designed to be compatible w/a vent mount (California heavily restricts windshield mounts).

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I love the vent mounted docks but i got a jeep two months ago and vents wont support a mount, the mount would need to have really long prongs to fit..

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

captclueless

Reaction score
I have the verizon one coming, either today or tomorrow. If it doesn't have the charging stuff built into it, I will probably just return it.

lanza_david

Reaction score
This car mount debacle is a deal break for me. I use the phone in the car mount a lot, and not being able to know for sure if they will sell the nice car mount in the use, compatible with the VZW Nexus, gives a lot of uncertainty there.

ShiroZ31

Reaction score
No charging.... from dock. While in the dock I simply plug my audio and charge cables in. The single use audio/charge cable I was using with my Droid 3 does not work. Separate is fine.

If I could plug the cables in and then put the phone in the mount it wouldn't be so bad (just like OG), it's the having to reach up and plug it in through the hole in the mount that's stupid. My windshield is too steep to be doing that easily.

zathus

Reaction score
So anyone know if the version with the ports used over seas will work with the lte version? I might just "build" my own so to speak. Just need to figure out which of the 3 prongs on the side do what. And make my own

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums