Car Dock Mode - Where is it?

NiteCloak

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to access Car Dock mode without actually docking the damn Droid4? I know its in there, I can see it in the application listings under Titanium Backup but I don't know how to access/activate it.

Thanks

Bigfoot77

Reaction score
I think you can set a smart action to activate it, I know one of the sample rules shows launching CarDock when connected to a bluetooth device. I haven't tried playing with it to know how useful that is or if it would apply to whatever you are trying to do.

OP
NiteCloak

NiteCloak

Reaction score
Thanks Bigfoot.

I downloaded the app from the market called 'Car Mode Control' by IG88Apps.

It adds an application icon that allows you to easily switch in to car dock mode. The only drawback is when exiting, you have to hit the soft menu key, then Exit then go in to applications and touch the Car Mode Control application icon again (it acts like a toggle) otherwise your phone will revert back to Car Dock mode when it receives a call or SMS.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I am using that as well. After initially starting the app and then exiting, it will launch when I push the home button. So I have to restart the phone to stop the app. Unless there is another way.

OP
NiteCloak

NiteCloak

Reaction score
That's what I was explaining in my post. After exiting the app, you actually have to go in to apps and press the 'Car Dock App' icon again to stop it doing that. Think of it as a toggle. Simply hitting 'Exit' from the menu in car dock mode, merely exits out of the car dock screen temporarily, but it doesn't exit the actual application, to do that, you have to press the application icon again (toggle it off).

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the tip. I hadn't tried it before. Easier than shutting down/rebooting phone. Annoying but hey at least we have car dock. I don't know why there are so many haters on this software...seems like most everyone wants to delete it from there phone. :blink: My only reason for wanting to use it is because I can't get my razr maxx with shell/holster to fit the motorola car dock. So I have to use a generic holder in both my vehicles.

kbeefy

Reaction score
Not digging the motorola car dock, my Nexus one Dock app was alot nicer/easier to use.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Ya it would be nice if they would make sure a phone fits with or without a case before it comes out.

bdbraaten

Reaction score
Thanks Bigfoot.

I downloaded the app from the market called 'Car Mode Control' by IG88Apps.

It adds an application icon that allows you to easily switch in to car dock mode. The only drawback is when exiting, you have to hit the soft menu key, then Exit then go in to applications and touch the Car Mode Control application icon again (it acts like a toggle) otherwise your phone will revert back to Car Dock mode when it receives a call or SMS.

Thanks, I'm going to check that out. This has been bugging me for a while.

I've been using car dock home v3 in the mean time as a work around. It's an alternative car home that's configurable to different grid sizes.

AndyAZ

Reaction score
My questions on "Car Dock" mode or "Vehicle Mode" are really fundamental. I see a "Vehicle Mode" app can be launched from SmartActions, but there is no app in the Apps area ("Car Dock" or "Vehicle Mode"), and while I see a "Vehicle Mode" is being managed, I see no way to access it, set it up, see what it is, etc. Any help at this really low level?