Car dock. Is the Razr and Razr Maxx dock the same?

Soucouant61

Reaction score
I got a used Maxx today. It came with an unopened Vehicle Navigation dock. However, the box says Droid Razr. Will it work for my Maxx? I don't want to open it if it won't work.

William_04_x

Reaction score
I remember seeing a post where a similar question was asked and someone posted a picture of the specific MAXX nav dock packaging. I believe it was in the accessories subforum.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Krenzy

Reaction score
No they have a different backplate, the standard Razr having a more pronounced plate. I made this mistake and returned it for the correct MAXX dock.

WestOkid

Reaction score
Razr's backplate is removable. The Maxx isn't. This is how you can put the Razr in a case like the Otterbox commuter and still use the car dock. I would bet that if you remove the back plate the Maxx will fit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Razr's backplate is removable. The Maxx isn't. This is how you can put the Razr in a case like the Otterbox commuter and still use the car dock. I would bet that if you remove the back plate the Maxx will fit.

It doesn't fit correctly. You have to rig it up to work with the MAXX, even with the removable plate taken out. You can make it work, but it's not made to work.

OP
S

Soucouant61

Reaction score
Yep, discovered that. Actually I went to Verizon with my unopened dock to ask there. The girl then opened the package and the said it doesn't fit.
Me: "can you exchange it for the right dock"
Her: I'll need the receipt.
Me:I don't have one it was given to me.
Her: Then I can't help you.
Me: So I came in with an unused unopened product, and I'm leaving with what is now a used product because you could not answer the question about a product you sell and opened the box.