car dock audio problems

mixx1

Reaction score
I have the htc thunderbolt on verizon, have all new updates, phone works great. Unless... When i put the phone in the car dock. I will lose all audio including key tones, ringtones, music, basically all audio from phones internal speaker. It acts like it is in silent mode. No matter what volume position. When i remove from the dock, it still will not activate audio, i have to restart the phone for audio to work. Sometimes the audio quits right away amd sometimes it will stay on up to 20 min before going silent while in the dock. Any suggestions from anyone?

OP
M

mixx1

Reaction score
I have the htc thunderbolt on verizon, have all new updates, phone works great. Unless... When i put the phone in the car dock. I will lose all audio including key tones, ringtones, music, basically all audio from phones internal speaker. It acts like it is in silent mode. No matter what volume position. When i remove from the dock, it still will not activate audio, i have to restart the phone for audio to work. Sometimes the audio quits right away amd sometimes it will stay on up to 20 min before going silent while in the dock. Any suggestions from anyone?

curlysgirly

Reaction score
I use Car Home Ultra for my car home screen and it lets you select the volume settings in preferences. Are you using the stock car home screen? When in the dock can you hit the menu key to set preferences?

OP
M

mixx1

Reaction score
I am gonna try the car home ultra.. yes i am using the stock car dock app. And i can adjust all settings but if the sound goes out..nothing helps it accept a restart.. but i will tre the ultra.

curlysgirly

Reaction score
It's free for a month and then it's a paid app. See if it works before buying. I uninstalled it after using it for a month and tried out a few others. I re-installed it and it's free again. I need to pay for it because it is really worth it, imo.