1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Car Dashboard [Free]

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by wicked, Mar 8, 2011.

1. wicked

wicked Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Some commenters are calling it the best car-home app on the Market.

Car Dashboard is both a speedometer and a Car Home dock replacement app. Use this app to watch your speed and easily access 20 customizable shortcuts!
    The app automatically launches when placed in a car dock (that has a magnet).
    Features include:
    * Speedometer
    * Speed Alerts (fully customizable by speed, colors, flashing, and sounds)
    * Compass
    * Current location
    * Current temperature
    * Current altitude
    * Max speed
    * US and Metric units/speed alerts: knots, km/h or mph, Fahrenheit or Celsius, meters or feet
    * Custom text colors
    * 20 customizable shortcuts – launch favorite applications, directly dial important numbers, navigate to common locations, and more!

2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Looks pretty interesting. I downloaded it. However, I just realized the other day that my Car Dock I bought last year when I got my D1 does me no good now since my D2 design is slightly different and no longer fits in the dock. Bummer. I can still use the app but not sure how often I'll be using it.
  3. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

Pretty clever with the speedometer. Unfortunately, I'm more interested in the customization of Car Dock Home v3; being able to place widgets and custom icons is very nice. This did give me the idea of adding a speedometer widget to my car home, though!
  4. Wuzz Ranger

Wuzz Ranger New Member

Wicked, thanks for the post, I will be trying this out on the way home!
  5. nhra1ss

nhra1ss Member

Pretty cool looking. I have speedview also that I haven't tried yet. Guess I will be trying them both tomorrow,lol.
  6. Ubermicro13

Ubermicro13 New Member

Very interesting! Looks well polished. I will be trying this out very soon. Thank you for posting this.
  7. nhra1ss

nhra1ss Member

Been using it the past couple of days. I like the look and the fact you can add 4 shortcuts to the screen. I have yet to customize the warning settings, maybe this weekend i will get to it.
Search tags for this page

best car apps android