car cradle

Pinzgauer

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Droid Maxx that I put into my car cradle. Whenever I do it prompts me to activate The Voice hands free use off the phone. I always check the don't show this again and push no thanks . Still every time I put the phone back into the cradle I get the same message. Is there a way of getting rid of it permanently ? Obviously checking the don't show this again doesn't work.
Thank you in advance for replies

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Same problem here. I miss my RAZR maxx dock.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
P

Pinzgauer

Reaction score
I don't mind the cradle so much (although I agree the RAZR Maxx cradle was more user friendly) , it's just the annoying screen.

rockyshor

Reaction score
I don't have a car cradle yet, so I can't offer any help.
I was wondering though if folks can post what kind of car cradle you have, where you got it, and how you like it, pros and cons. If there's a better place to post this request, let me know.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I do have the Griffin car dock and actually will be OK with it. About the only thing I don't like is the angle at which the phone sits. Due to the design, I can't adjust the cradle so that the phone screen is more parallel with my body. It is possible to put the phone in with one hand which is nice.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
P

Pinzgauer

Reaction score
I have the Motorola cradle made for the MAXX. I looked at all the generic ones and didn't like them.
I have it mounted on my dash and the viewing angle is not an issue in my situation.
I do wish that they made a cradle that allows for a permanent hook up for the audio/music output, but I think that's a (missing) function of the phone rather than the cradle .
I guess it's also not an issue for people who have audio/music capable Bluetooth in their vehicles.

rockyshor

Reaction score
I have the Motorola cradle made for the MAXX. I looked at all the generic ones and didn't like them.
I have it mounted on my dash and the viewing angle is not an issue in my situation.
I do wish that they made a cradle that allows for a permanent hook up for the audio/music output, but I think that's a (missing) function of the phone rather than the cradle .
I guess it's also not an issue for people who have audio/music capable Bluetooth in their vehicles.

I'll have to check that out at the VzW store. Thanks!!

redfishrun

Reaction score
I'm coming from a Bionic which I had a ProClip for. I contacted them about a holder for the Maxx and they didn't have one coming out for it just yet. So, I thought, I wonder if it will fit in the Bionic holder. It did! It was a little tight, so I took a heat gun and warmed up the corners and stretched the holder ever so slightly and now it fits great! So, anyone coming from a Bionic is all set. Proclip makes a great holder though and i'm sure they will come out with one for the Maxx at some point.

http://www.proclipusa.com/