Car charging problem

bob24260

Reaction score
I was on a road trip and my D1 quit charging via the car charger.After checking make sure the lighter socket was functioning properly I stopped and bought a new charger.

New charger did not solve the problem.When I plug into the wall charger it charges perfectly.I talked to the dev of my Rom and he suggested I get a OEM VZW charger and that there were posts about it here somewhere.

I searched for the posts and didn't see them so if this is in the wrong place I apologize.

Getting back to the OEM charger,I ran out and paid an ungodly amount of money for a vzw oem car charger and it didn't fix the problem.I have flashed 3 different Roms and still the same problem.

Can someone please help me with this?Also I would like to give many thanks to Actngrezy for his invaluable support.

Sent from my Project Elite 4.2 D1

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I know this is going to sound crazy but have you tried charging in a different car. There could be a contact problem within your car that is not allowing a car charger to work even though the outlet (cig lighter or 12v outlet) works for other things. I say this because I have the same issue. In my husband's truck the cig lighter will run our car charger but the 12v outlet will not, yet the 12v outlet works for our i-pod charger and other items.

Just a suggestion.....

OP
bob24260

bob24260

Reaction score
That's a good suggestion and I appreciate it but I have tried that in 2 cars and 1 truck.Its. driving me nuts.

Sent from my Project Elite 4.2 D1

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Does it charge when plugged into the pc via usb?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
bob24260

bob24260

Reaction score
I just checked and it does.Works on wall charger too.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Odd....the wall charger is a rapid charger. The usb/car chargers are less amp drawing so slower battery charge. So we kind of have to rule out hardware. Strange. Don't know if it helps with this prob or not but have you tried restoring a back up to when it did work? Wipe battery stats or wipe data? I'm stumped.

OP
bob24260

bob24260

Reaction score
I'm stumped too.I tried 3 different backups and its just not working. I even tried lower CPU speed and different baseband.No dice.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Do u feel it's worth it to sbf to stock and try it? Or I can dedicate some time to look into the charging drivers. Take some time tho.

OP
bob24260

bob24260

Reaction score
My D1 is MINT.It looks like the day it came from the box.I bought an X and took it back in favor of my D1.That's how much this phone means to me.Any help given would be very GREATLY appreciated!!!!

OP
bob24260

bob24260

Reaction score
Well I flashed back to stock and it didn't fix the problem.I am at a total loss here.

OP
bob24260

bob24260

Reaction score
I wanted to update everyone.I went and borrowed another OEM Verizon charger and that solved the problem.The OEM I bought was a dud. Thanks to Actngrezy for the solution.When he first told me I thought surely there couldn't be that big of a difference in chargers but apparently there is.Mucho gracias Greg.

Sent from my rooted PE 4.2 D1