1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Car Charging Issues

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by kwod8832, Oct 14, 2010.

1. kwod8832

kwod8832 New Member

Ok so here is the deal. I place my DX into the Motorola car dock, activate navigation and Pandora. Then I plug in the charger (cigarette lighter) to keep a full charge. After a couple of hours I notice that the battery is not 100% anymore. It seems that the charger cannot keep up with the output. Also when I mount it in my car the battery is fully charged.

Anyone else have this problem?

PS. I drove for 8 hrs the other day doing the above stated and my battery was @ 40% when I got home.
  2. Guitar4Him

Guitar4Him New Member

I noticed this behavior with the stock Motorola car charger. Recently, I got a Griffin Powerjolt Universal charger from Best Buy. It's capable of providing up to 1 Amp of charging current. I no longer see the charger not capable of keeping up with the demands of the Droid X when in the car. Here's a link for the charger at Best Buy....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All Categories&ks=960
  3. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Yes, some chargers (many USB and cheap car chargers) will not keep pace with battery use. It's just the nature of the beast, get a charger with a better current rating.

My AC inverter, combined with the stock AC charger, keep my phone at 100% power while I use Google Nav and play music.
  4. zonaRSX

zonaRSX New Member

Yeah I have the same problems... But I've also heard that it can be bad to use car chargers not specifically made for your phone... I also read on the forums that people were actually experiences phone issues after using aftermarket car chargers...? But it is true that the verizon droid x car charger sucks balls.
Search tags for this page

android charging problems with 2 amp car charger 2014

droid x 2 car charger problems