Car Charger

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Can you use a charger with a micro usb connector? I thought I'd use the same one that I have for my S3?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes you can use the same one

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I have two moto car chargers, one works and the other one doesn't. Both are practically new and are the same except for the color of the lights. (Red and blue)

We must...We must...increase our boost

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Haven't bought one yet. But I know the one that is still in use from my Droid X does not work with the Turbo. Plug it in and it is not recognizes. Says not charging. I think I am gonna spring for the Turbo charger since it is only $5 more than the standard Moto charger.
Seems that certain voltages at certain amperages are recognized and others aren't. I have a portable battery pack and it has two USB jacks. One is 1.1 Amps and the other is 2.2 Amps. The Turbo recognized and began charging in the 1.1 Amp jack and also in the 2.2 Amp jack. However I have some wall warts that it responds to and others it doesn't. The ones it doesn't respond to are 700mAh or less.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
FoxKat I humbly have to dispute your assertion. I charge my turbo on a 700mah LG blue tooth charger every day. Longest cord I have came upon other than that curly doohicky you have. No disrespect professor.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
FoxKat I humbly have to dispute your assertion. I charge my turbo on a 700mah LG blue tooth charger every day. Longest cord I have came upon other than that curly doohicky you have. No disrespect professor.

And no disrespect taken. I should have done the YRMV disclaimer but forgot. It may just be those chargers but others in the same ranges may work fine.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Haven't bought one yet. But I know the one that is still in use from my Droid X does not work with the Turbo. Plug it in and it is not recognizes. Says not charging. I think I am gonna spring for the Turbo charger since it is only $5 more than the standard Moto charger.

Where can one get this "Turbo Charger"?

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
I have purchased several Turbo accessories from Verizon on line, happy with the service. YMMV depending on where in the world you are located.