Car Charger

jon.ritter

Reaction score
I have had my Droid X for a few months and picked up a new car charger when I got the phone. All of a sudden today car charging is very sporadic. If I wiggle the connection it works. Home charger works great but won't cut it due to my heave use. What can I do to fix the car charger? My last two android/Verizon experiences have not been great and if I have to fork out 30.00 every few months for a new car charger its just another big strike.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

jriv21

Reaction score
Wow, I'm having the exact same issue, down to the home charger working fine too. I noticed it started happening when I installed the leaked gingerbread (before I rooted and had stock it worked fine) but when I was using the liberty rom, it never happened. So I'm curious if it has to do with the software...

Snow02

Reaction score
If it's a verizon branded charger, that's your problem. Mine does the same thing. My motorola charger works fine.

jriv21

Reaction score
If it's a verizon branded charger, that's your problem. Mine does the same thing. My motorola charger works fine.

Ahh, interesting. That's my scenario too. Moto home charger, Verizon car charger.

Hmmm...

joshoid

Reaction score
I had the same issue but with a verizon home charger, not sure where it came from buy doesnt work unless I wrap the power cord around my device several times.

Swyped from my Elite Droid!

OP
J

jon.ritter

Reaction score
Wow, I'm having the exact same issue, down to the home charger working fine too. I noticed it started happening when I installed the leaked gingerbread (before I rooted and had stock it worked fine) but when I was using the liberty rom, it never happened. So I'm curious if it has to do with the software...

Im not rooted but it looks like a common problem. I guess its time for a Verizon call.

barski

Reaction score
Glad to know im not the only one. I thought my phone's charging port was going to heck. My fix: Grab the pliers and pinch the charger end together a little bit. Fits nice and tight and always charging.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Which car charger are you using for your Motorola Droid Turbo?

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
I haven't used one yet, was told when I got the Turbo I could use the same one I had for the MAXX HD. I use the MAXX HD wall charger with the Turbo too. I think I used the Turbo's turbo once when I first got the phone.

JDH

Reaction score
Exchanged 32 gig for 64 today and charged with USB in my GMC truck on way home.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Haven't bought one yet. But I know the one that is still in use from my Droid X does not work with the Turbo. Plug it in and it is not recognizes. Says not charging. I think I am gonna spring for the Turbo charger since it is only $5 more than the standard Moto charger.

Rogus

Reaction score
Same ones I have used for a couple years with my RAZR Maxx and Moto X. I have four vehicles and keep a car charger in each. One is a Motorola Rapid Rate Charger. Another is a Verizon S20-Pin Dual Vehicle Power Charger with USB Port. Another is a Sprint branded charger previously used with a Blackberry. The fourth is a brand I don't recall. All four of them work fine with the DT.

Rogus

Reaction score
Have any of you tried the Nokia Wireless Charging Car Holder CR-200? The Verizon site says it is compatible with the DT. Am wondering how well it holds it and how secure it is on the dash?