Car Charger.. Which one?

BlitzeDonX

Reaction score
Hey guys first time poster on droidfroums! I did a search and couldnt find much info on what CAR charger to use with my new Droid X that will be replacing my Blackberry Cuver 8330, im stoked! Anyways looking at car chargers ebay has a few OEM models, one with the big motorloa logo and another with VZW logo and USB up top. I kind of want the one with USB so i can use it to charge my ipod. Will the charge with the USB work on the droid as a good rapid charger?

OP
B

BlitzeDonX

Reaction score
Just make sure it's capable of 1000mA and it should be fine.

I am looking at the SPN5400 Motorola and it is capable of 950mA. I searched for OEM charger and this is the only one I cant find?

iHad a G1

Reaction score
for what it's worth, a 400ma micro usb charger can be purchased at Wal-Mart for $4.50, if you're like me and weird about giving your credit card info out online.

while 400ma won't charge your phone nearly fast enough, it'll keep your phone alive while using navigation or whatever.

it's near the cash registers and made by vivitar.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
For each new phone, this thread eventually rears its head. I've said it before, but I swear by my iGo chargers and tips. I've had the same car charger since my Moto Q and have just changed out tips a few times. Saves on all of the additional cables.

deranger

Reaction score
for what it's worth, a 400ma micro usb charger can be purchased at Wal-Mart for $4.50, if you're like me and weird about giving your credit card info out online.

while 400ma won't charge your phone nearly fast enough, it'll keep your phone alive while using navigation or whatever.

it's near the cash registers and made by vivitar.

Unfortunately, this is NOT true. You need a car charger capable of 850mA or higher to keep the phone charged when you're running stressful apps, GPS/3G, and the screen on full brightness. This phone is a power hog. Using the stock Verizon USB charger (500mA presumably) caused my DX to slowly discharge even though it was indicating that it was charging.