Car Charger reading as PC Hook Up. Wont play Music

slipperybrain

Reaction score
When I hook my car charger up to my DInc 2.2, the phone is reading it as it is hooked up to a computer and it wont allow me to play music. I have tried a few different chargers and they all do the same thing. WHen I have the phone plugged into the wall in my house it will allow music to play. I have turned the phone to charge only and I have tried different cables and chargers...all giving me the same result. Anyone else noticing this since 2.2 upgrade? BTW I have a 04 Mazda 6 and a Belkin Slim charger.

OP
S

slipperybrain

Reaction score
115 people viewed this and no one else is seeing this problem? This makes me worry.

Could it be the charger or something in the system of the phone?

davea

Reaction score
OK, I'll take a shot at this one...
The pinout for your Belkin MAY be putting the phone into a charge type of mode instead of a play mode. I know some MP3 players are like this and it requires a charger cord mod.
Second guess, you need a Verizon USB car charger.
Third, it may be Froyo, but I doubt it.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
did it do this before the update?? If not then get VZW on the horn.

Chris

OP
S

slipperybrain

Reaction score
I thought it might be the belkin charger, but I tried other chargers as well getting the same results. I am going to have to get on the horn with Verizon. I just can't believe no one else is having this issue.

OP
S

slipperybrain

Reaction score
Well I figured out what the problem was...I had to uninstall doubletwist and now it works fine. Anyone know of any other music players out there like doubletwist where I can easily sync my phone to iTunes?