Car Charger for s4

Discussion in 'Galaxy S4 Accessories' started by don_813, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Higher current generally means more heat. My Motorola car charger in my former car would get pretty hot (so would the phone DroidX). It actually blew a fuse in my current car, but other similar model car owners have reported that it is a problem with the front cigarette lighter outlet only; the console outlet and rear outlet work fine with that Motorola car charger.
    I have not used my S4 car charger yet.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  2. Overland1

Overland1 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have been using any of a variety of USB-MicroUSB cables that I have laying around, and they all work well. Using a "wall-wart" and cable like the one that came with the phone seems to charge a bit faster, but I have never confirmed this.

3. James_thomas

James_thomas New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. cocole

cocole New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    s4
  5. Overland1

Overland1 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    cocole, that one should work OK; it appears (per the specs) capable of putting out enough current to charge the phone easily.

With any of these phones, as long as the current output is sufficient, it should work just fine. That output will depend upon what the device draws... if it needs less than 1 A of current to charge the battery in a reasonable time period, then a charger with a maximum output of 2 A is going to do the job. The other part of the erquation is voltage, and most all micro-USB devices run and require the same voltage (~5 volts)... I have never heard of any "mobile" chargers that put out too much voltage, but I guess they could exist.

Think of current (measured in Amperes) as being like the volume of water running through a pipe or hose. Voltage is like the pressure that the flow of water exerts within that pipe or hose. The multiplied combination of those two equals power, measured in Watts. For example, 5 volts x 2 Amperes = 10 Watts.

6. jhom

jhom Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I've been using the Anker dual port car charger for several months quite successfully. The charger outputs 2a at each port.

Search tags for this page

best car charger for s4

can i use the same car charger from the galaxy s4 for the no
car charger s4
fast car charger for s4
rapid car charger for samsung galaxy s4
s4 car charger
samsung galaxy 4s is safe to use high amp charger
samsung galaxy s4 car charger
samsung galaxy s4 rapid car charger
samsung s4 strong car charger