Captivate got the GPS update...where's ours?

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by jrl9851, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jrl9851

jrl9851 New Member

2. Scott1974

Scott1974 New Member

Great question. I'd love to see the GPS problems resolved ASAP on the Fascinate. Does anyone else also have a problem with reception? I haven't experienced any dropped calls, but on average, I never really have more than two bars? My old Verizon phone almost always had four or five in these same areas? Not sure if this is a false reading or just a poor antenna design.
  3. JollyRoger

JollyRoger New Member

On the reception issue, I agree. not sure what the deal is, hoping it is a misread or something that gets updated in 2.2. From the Razr to the BB Curve, nothing but 4 bars. Now I only get 2, 3 from time to time. Not really worried about it because I have had no dropped calls.
  4. jrl9851

jrl9851 New Member

The bar thing is a misreading. I did a speed test with my droid having all 5 bars and the fascinate only having 2 bars and the fascinate came very close to the 3g speed of the droid.
  5. Scott1974

Scott1974 New Member

I hope that in the next update they correst the signal bars misreading. So far I've had good luck with the reception, but it's nice peace of mind to have all 4 bars there.