Captivate, Droid X, or EVO 4G?

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by gfiz, Nov 28, 2010.

1. gfiz

gfiz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ignoring the service and price, of these three phones, which would you prefer? While I already have a phone from my workplace (iPhone), I just bought my wife a Droid Incredible and fell in love with Android, and decided I need to get an Android phone for myself. I work in the Telco industry, so I get pretty good discounts with all the major four...and have worked it down to these three phones.

Another question regardless of choice. Should I expect to be able to upgrade to 2.3 when it comes out on all of these phones?

Thanks for your time,
    gFiz

2. UltraDroid

UltraDroid DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +156
    The EVO is basically a giant HTC Incredible - although I'm not sure if it has an AMOLED screen like my Dinc, or a SLCD screen like my Droid X. Let me put it this way, I personally would go for the EVO over the other phones, if you can establish that it has the AMOLED screen. The screen on my Dinc is absolutely gorgeous to look at, and with the extended battery has no problem with battery drain.

-Mike

3. gfiz

gfiz New Member

Ratings:
    +0

sadly, the EVO is TFT. The EVO is the one I've looked at the longest. I think I like the look, since it is a Dinc basically just a little bigger. I kind of wanted to get something different from what my wife has, even though I think the Dinc is perfect...

The Droid X is also a consideration. Verizon is the most expensive for me, but only by like $6/mo, so hardly a deterrent. I hate the back of it though and that bulge...

I really like the look of the Captivate. I think 4" is perfect size screen, still comfortable in my pocket. But cons are it has 2.1 on it and all that AT&T crap. If I upgrade with one of the beta 2.2 firmwares, can I assume it will not have the AT&T software on it? I think H/W wise this is my choice, it's the S/W I have the biggest issue with.

4. Jordan8

Jordan8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I vote DX, I have no regrets purchasing it.

5. Garoad

Garoad New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Out of those personally I'd choose a Droid X. I have a Droid 2 myself and have no issues, but I know a lot of people with X who like it. IMO I think it's mostly a matter of whether you want a larger viewing area (X) or a physical keyboard + screen keyboard (Droid 2). Other than that the differences don't seem to major (battery life etc). Unlike with an iPhone, the great thing about Android phones is that you get a TON of choices and freedom! :)

6. regkilla

regkilla Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Motorola Droid X