Captain Obvious Says, 'Don't boil your iPhone 6 in Coca-Cola.'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Seriously, people just keep trying to come up with the most creative way to torture and destroy their electronic devices. We've seen smartphones dropped, hammered, cut, stabbed, drowned, run over, shot, exploded, blended, sliced, sent into space and more. Today's wacky video takes the cake by going way out into crazy-land.

This creative YouTuber decided to boil his iPhone 6, but not in water... oh no. That would be too easy. Instead he boils his iPhone 6 in Coca-Cola. Yep.

It turns out this is more intriguing than you would think at first blush. This way, we get to watch several unusual things at the same time... one is the way an iPhone 6 reacts to being boiled; the second is the way Coca-Cola reacts to being boiled; the third is the interaction of these two interactions. It makes for a fairly entertaining watch, although we can't attest to the sensibilities of the videographer. Let us know what you think of this bizarre find.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
man, I almost wish this blew up in his face... it would teach other people NOT to do stupid....... stuff...... like this.... GAH!!!!!!!!!!

~rage quit~

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seeing he have a list of videos where he is destroying electronics, he either must have some good insurance or a lot of money to blow.

I agree with @dgstorm , these are getting ridiculous. I somewhat understand the drop tests because it gives people an idea of how a phone would hold up if it falls out of our pocket, I can even somewhat understand the water test to give people an idea if a device really is water repellant/resistant, but anything beyond that is overkill. I do not need to see people try and bend a phone or boil it in liquids. We all know what to expect from that.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only thing it did was once again show me how disgusting Coke is. That's way to much sugar for me.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have to agree that these are getting ridiculous. If you're paying for these phones and making these videos, send some cash my way and I'll do something more productive with it.

I'm not sure whether this one or the one wear the guy unboxes it and promptly buries it in the back yard is more useless.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The only thing it did was once again show me how disgusting Coke is. That's way to much sugar for me.

Totally agree. Drinking plain water is boring, but as you can see from the video it is definitely the way to go.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have an awesome way to destroy an electronic device... Submerge it in hot antifreeze.. Ethyl glycol would do the trick.. Or hot used engine oil.... Or hot transmission fluid. Or gear lube... Hydraulic fluid... Any of the above..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

It's awesome if you need to get rust off of chrome.. I'm not kidding..

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
It's awesome if you need to get rust off of chrome.. I'm not kidding..

My favorite use of Coke: When you are out of Drano, let the Coke sit out until it gets nice and room temperature. Pour down drain and let sit for 4-5 minutes. Run hot water down it. I have never tried it on toilets but it has worked for my kitchen sink and my bathrooms. I was shocked that it ate up some of my beard hairs!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Stainless steel, precious metals.. Diamonds.. Chrome.. Coke will clean em all..