Capitalizing on Droid 4 vs BlackBerry

Springtime

Reaction score
I used a BlackBerry for many years and just switched to a Droid 4. I love haveing the hard keyboard but find one thing very irritating. On the BB you could capitalize by simply holding down the letter. On the Android 4 it looks like you have to use the shift key in conjuction with the letter. Might not be so bad if you had a sift key on each side of the KB but you don't so you have hold down the shift key and streach your other hand accross the board if you want to capitalize anything on the left side of the KB. Very awkward! Am I missing something? Keep thinking I should be able to just hold down the key but that clearly doesn't work.

AceDROID

Reaction score
You don't have to hold down the shift key.. just a single press engages it..

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Go to the keyboard settings and check autocapitalization so it automatically capitalizes the first letter of every sentence.

OP
S

Springtime

Reaction score
You don't have to hold down the shift key.. just a single press engages it..

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. While that does make it a little better I still miss the BB function of just holding down the letter to cap it.

OP
S

Springtime

Reaction score
Go to the keyboard settings and check autocapitalization so it automatically capitalizes the first letter of every sentence.

Thanks. Already have that set up. Really focusing on being able to cap a letter in a word that is mid sentance. With BB you only had to hold down any letter to get it to cap.

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
... With BB you only had to ....
I've come from five years use of two Blackberrys, and have discovered that there is a whole bunch of things that I used to take for granted on the BB that I can't find work arounds for.

However, having said that, I'm still pleased with my Droid 4, and look forward to the next 2 years (contract life) anticipating that I'll figure out the most important stuff in the next few months. Good luck with yours.