1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Capabilities of a rooted phone...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dlwhdtjr, Nov 27, 2009.

1. dlwhdtjr

dlwhdtjr New Member

Could you get apps that you would normally have to buy, for free with a rooted DROID? (not out yet but is it possible...)

If you root your phone your warranty nullifies, so how would the verizon employee know that your phone is indeed rooted? Couldn't you just unroot your phone and turn the phone in to exchange it?

Also, would your phone be any faster than it was when it was unrooted (normal)?
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  2. Mojo

Mojo New Member

No rooting your phone will not enable you to get apps for free that you would normally pay for. Think about rooting your phone in this since.... it is like having administrator access to your windows PC. You have virtually un restricted access.

Yes it will void your warranty, but yes you could just un root the phone. Most likely it will go un detected.

As for speed the only way to make it faster is if someone figures out how to overclock the processor after the root is done. But you may sacrifice battery life and make the device run hotter causing more damage then it is worth. To gain a little speed. Droid is pretty fast as is.
  3. dlwhdtjr

dlwhdtjr New Member

Dang... Oh well thanks for the quick response!!!
    Looks like i'll have to continue paying for apps
    I found this info through google and i got overly excited.
    Download All Applications From Android Market For Free
    Might be false info though...

Anyways thanks again~~ :)
  4. dlwhdtjr

dlwhdtjr New Member

Sorry for double posting...
    But, as I understand it most people want to root their phone, to move their apps to their sd card (apps2sd)
    However, in order to do this you need to gain administrative access to your phone therefore allowing you to look into the phone's internal memory. Then, you have to take a "file" and put it into the sd card.
    If you could somehow get this "file" on the internet and put it into your sd card, isn't that like getting a free app?
    Or, if I'm wrong and you could only put the graphical and musical content of the app into the sd card, then you still need to keep something in the internal memory for the app to run. If you could somehow obtain the file needed for the app to run and the graphical content on the internet then wouldn't that form some kind of "free app?"

Just voicing my thoughts, please elaborate.
  5. thrashtrash

thrashtrash New Member

please remember

that no DEV appreciates being asked if there is any way to steal their hard work. just pony up the cash for the app you want! you have a 24 hr refund policy. and also keep in mind that seeking info on this kind of this can possibly get you banned from forums.
  6. Mike84

Mike84 New Member

yea, stealing apps is NOT COOL. Please remember that the Devs put alot of hard woork into developing these apps for little to no profit. They are not doing this for the money. Apps are generally not too expensive just cough up the dollar or two for them
  7. dlwhdtjr

dlwhdtjr New Member

Remember guys, I just asked if there was a possible way. I never insisted that I would pirate apps. Anyhow, is anyone going to answer my last post? =)

P.S. I do indeed respect the developers of these amazing apps that are in the market. I salute you developers for all the hard work you put in for the Android community! :icon_ banana:
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  8. skiahh

skiahh New Member

Uh huh... what part of

"Looks like i'll have to continue paying for apps
    I found this info through google and i got overly excited.
    Download All Applications From Android Market For Free"

should we take to mean that you didn't plan to pirate apps? :wacko:
  9. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

Well I can sort of appreciate my fav droid, xbox, windows warez site which I WILL NOT I repeat WILL NOT disclose on here and reasoning for such is this as some apps may be better in a previous version or stopped working after an update so I like to go back however I use it as an archive so to speak the apps I use from there are paid in donations direct to developer via paypal or their site cause lets face it some apps selling for .99 are worth more and I dont mind forking a few extra clams over to continue its growth and future apps just my .02:icon_ devil:
  10. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

In other words you wonder if Google purposely does not allow Apps to SD for that reason.
    ..if it gets on to the SD it can go anywhere else.

You'd hope not because there still could be ways where it has to read a file on the internal storage.
  11. mekishiko

mekishiko New Member

It is ridiculously easy to pirate software for android without root, and without any tricks at all. If you can't figure out how to use google to search for this knowledge, then you probably should get an iPhone ;)

However I also recommend buying the apps you use, not only does it support the community, but apps not installed from the market do not receive automatic updates (or updates at all for that matter) which is crucial especially for us Droid owners while developers patch their apps to be more compatible with our phones.
  12. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Bottom line, most apps on the market are really at a fair price. It is better to just buy them. For one....hacked or stolen apps do not get any updates or support. And most important the money devs make is incentive to create more good apps. If they are not making money, then they have no motivation to continue making them.

Now yes there are places that you can get paid app for free, not only for android but for blackberry, iPhone, windows mobile etc... just like there is tons of places to get movies, TV shows, music etc... for free too. Just because there are these places do not make it right. Or give justification to download them. If you cannot afford to buy a app wth do you have a smartphone for? If your really that broke. Get a dumbphone and save your money. Go to school get a better job so you can afford to pay your way like the rest of us. If you think its okay to take paid apps for free, then you probably think its okay to swipe a Buck from the offering plate in church on Sunday because its handed to you.... I'm just saying!
  13. mekishiko

mekishiko New Member

LOL@bottom line, as you were the 3rd person to write that same sentiment.

I am not trying to berate the dude, I am first to admit that I NEVER pay for software.

Unless I actually use/appreciate it.

and that is the problem, 90% of software out there for any platform is rubbish.

The collection plate thing, I would grab the whole lot and consider it UN STEALING IT ;)

:icon_ devil:
  14. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Good for you that you don't EVER pay for software.... still don't change the fact that you are taking something that does not belong to you. And still does not make it right to do. But to each there own. At the end of the day if your happy with your self with stealing then I wish you a happy life. Its funny how you think because software may not live up to your expectation that it is okay to just take it. Call me crazy, but how does that justify it? Its just a excuse. Its like saying double bubble bubble gum doesn't really blow bubbles double, so I will just take it and no pay for it! Now that's rubbish!
  15. mekishiko

mekishiko New Member

Well most software developers don't allow for too much testing before money is exchanged. On the android platform the refund policy isn't too bad at all so generally i go this route.

I meant in general, across the board, across most platforms, I have no qualms about using software first, if after a month I have only used it maybe twice, I delete it.

I have purchased too many horrible PC games for $49.99 to feel any guilt, in fact I would feel worse (and have) for rewarding people that produce pure garbage.

If a game/app is good I will often buy multiple copies as well, in addition to donations to independent developers.

Making big name developers think twice before releasing garbage is plenty fine with me.

but this is obviously not the place/forum for specifics on that discussion, and I never claimed it to be, I was simply pointing out that some people aren't like you. Albeit it was a stupid Q for him to ask specifics seeing as how this website has been clearly organized to be on the up-and-up.

You can't tell me you've never got that Kawasaki Ninja over 65MPH before oh saintly one? ;)
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  16. dlwhdtjr

dlwhdtjr New Member

delete and forget...
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  17. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Since you put it like that mekishiko that makes more since to me... sorry if I came off as a pompous ass. But this subject hits home with me as I have developed themes for Blackberrys and had my work stolen then distributed for free.
  18. mekishiko

mekishiko New Member

ditto on the ass thing, I totally understand how that could be taken personally after spending any amount of time and effort, I would be bummed as well.
  19. Mojo

Mojo New Member

^^^^^^^
    :beer2:
  20. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

Look on the plus side its not apples app store n we can retyrn things. So we have some lee-way
Search tags for this page
capabilities with a rooted android
capability of rooted phone
droid razr root capabilities
gs3 root capabilities
how to speed up rooted droid razr
root capabilities
root phone capabilities
rooted android phone capability
rooted capability
rooted driod razr capibilities

rooted phone capabilities