Cany get into recovery to try and fix my phone please Help

dinc4life

Reaction score
I tried installing cm7 got stuck in the cm7 boot and now I cant go anywhere with it. its not letting me get into recovery, it tries I see the boot screen and I get a black bar down the middle I tried a factory reset but the same thing happens Please Help!!!

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would suggest an SBF, sbf's fix just aboit everything
That's what I would do atleast

FreeMyMoto!!!

OP
D

dinc4life

Reaction score
call me illiterate but how do I use the sbf?

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well I just read you have a Droid inc.
I was not paying attention and was thinking im was in the DX section
Im no positive if you can sbf with a droid inc. But ill do a search and see if its possible and if it is ill post a perfect how to guide that helped me numerous of times.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ps before you do this make sure to back up contacts because it will erase them all

FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!

OP
D

dinc4life

Reaction score
I tried the clear storage it still takes me to the cm7 load screen and stays there, if I try to get into recovery I get the issue above, I was using Redemption 2.4 and tried installing cm7 via Rom Manager, using clockwork. I should be able to use the SBF, if you could get me the guide it should work.

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well the problem is i got on the incredible forum and searched for it and it appears sbf doesn't exist for the inc.
So try the links to do a hard reset and see how that works.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And youve already done the reset so my suggestion is to get on the incredible forum and ask there
Its more specialized than this
Goodluck

FreeMyMoto!!!

OP
D

dinc4life

Reaction score
ok I fixed it, I had to manualy flash to an older clockwork recovery by renaming it to the pb31img that the other recovery was named, in doing so I was able to get the recovery working, from there I tried to clear and wipe everything, I still wasnt able to get cm7 to load. luckily I still had my redemption rom zip file still on the sdcard, I installed from from the SD card. it works no issues other than my Maps force closed every few minutes. Easy fix, Clear Data. Aperently CM7 has been having alot of these issues.