1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't watch AVI's through my HDMI via Rockplayer

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by StiffOneEye, Jan 17, 2011.

1. StiffOneEye

StiffOneEye New Member

I just bought an HDMI cord for my DX so I can watch .avi's on my TV. I'm using rockplayer and when I try watching through TV nothing comes up, like it's not being read. I'm trying to figure out if I have a bad cable or if it's just not possible to do through Rockplayer.
  2. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

You need RealHDMI to be able to do that.

RockPlayer uses its own software-based video playback engine to play your video files. If you sue Gallery or other hardware-enabled video players such as Act1 (video needs to be in a compatible format such as MP4) you can use the build-in HDMI-out feature.
  3. StiffOneEye

StiffOneEye New Member

Thanks DVDCatalyst. Is that a player or drivers....i.e., do I run avi's through rockplayer or realHDMI?
  4. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

realHDMI acts sort of a driver that sits inbetween the screen and the video.
Search tags for this page

how do i run rockplayer?