Can't wait till June 18th

SJG

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Droidmates -

As my subject indicates, I cannot wait till June 18th when I can upgrade my phone to the Droid by Motorola. I currently have a Blackberry and really love it however my husband has the Iphone and I am starting to enjoy the things his phone does that mine doesn't.

I plan to purchase the Droid due to the keyboard option. My nails are long so the virtual keyboard tends to be difficult. From now till the 18th, I would like to do as much research as possible. I have a sales rep who has been very helpful and will be helping me with everything.

Can someone suggest some good accessories needed for the Droid? What is a good case? I don't clip my phone to my clothes. I will either carry in my hand or in my purse. I also would like to get a car mount.

Thanks

SJG

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Droidmates -

As my subject indicates, I cannot wait till June 18th when I can upgrade my phone to the Droid by Motorola. I currently have a Blackberry and really love it however my husband has the Iphone and I am starting to enjoy the things his phone does that mine doesn't.

I plan to purchase the Droid due to the keyboard option. My nails are long so the virtual keyboard tends to be difficult. From now till the 18th, I would like to do as much research as possible. I have a sales rep who has been very helpful and will be helping me with everything.

Can someone suggest some good accessories needed for the Droid? What is a good case? I don't clip my phone to my clothes. I will either carry in my hand or in my purse. I also would like to get a car mount.

Thanks

SJG

Hello SJG and :welcome: to the Droid Forums. Glad to have you on board.

I can't recommend a case for you, the one I saw that was semi soft didn't fit my Droid correctly. I have another one on the way but it's not here yet so can't recommend that yet. I do highly recommend Mikradle docking stations for looks and functionality. Good to have because the Droid can be a battery hog, as most smart phones are and it's nice to have it on your desk, or your nightstand to have a place for your Droid to charge.

Car charger, extra battery, also recommended. Amazon.com had batteries on sale for 6.95, a great price I don't know if that's still available.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards. Enjoy the forum. :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
June 18th will be a good day : )

Welcome to the forums SJG

As far as accessories you should check out Seidio and GraphiXpressions If you can't find what you are looking for there feel free to check out the Accessory area of the forums.

One thing is for sure there are a lot of options and many different opinions. so good luck and enjoy the forums.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

Like hook said, a second battery is a great thing to have. I would suggest a car charger too.

If your car radio isn't blue tooth capable I would suggest an fm transmitter so you can play music and take calls through the car speakers.

A screen protector is a must have, even though the droid has a highly resistant screen it can still scratch. I've used the zagg screen protector and the ones you can get from verizon, I still like verizon's better. There are some long threads posted on which are better with many more options detailed, you should look them up.

The keyboard is awesome to have if you need it, but you can also try an on screen keyboard called Swype that allows you trace over the letters, it's a very tolerant keyboard that works well, you just have to remember to roll your thumb up and use the pad instead of the finger tip.

Good luck!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you're going to be very happy with your new Droid. And, glad you've found a home here on DF. Welcome!

As for upgrading to your Droid on June 18. That is less than a month away. If you have a good pay history with VZW and call 800-922-0204 (or *611) speak to customer service about ordering the Droid now. The key to all this is, be nice, be understanding, explain your current BB is really on it's last leg, and it would be really helpful if you could upgrade now. They will send the phone to you, you would not be able to go into a store to pick it up though. Again, you cannot be past due on your payment and show you've been a good loyal customer. Let me know how you make out if you do this. I worked for VZW in a call center for over 2 years and I did it a lot if the customer was within a month of eligibility to upgrade.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Welcome! Have a Seat, Enjoy the Ride.

Any accessory will be welcomed by your droid. As nerdbox08 said the FM xmitter is nice (but in my area, close to Charlotte, it can't locate a free spot too well so it only works on long rides in desserted areas). The nightstand is a must have (for me). I have that plus another charger so I haven't needed an extra battery.

Enjoy and have fun!

STVA

Reaction score
My two cents, don't worry about a case or screen protector. I'm pretty rough on mine and it has held up perfectly.