Cant view files

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by Bachan, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Bachan

Bachan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an S4

I used the USB to drag some files from my computer to my S4. When I try to see the files with my phone, some are gone. Its says the folders are empty. I know they are not empty because I can browse the files on the phone with my PC and they are all there in the correct folders.

My phone can see all the pdf and txt files that I transfered. My phone cannot see any png or jpeg that I moved over to the phone.

I have only had it a few months but this phone is more powerful than my PC by a long shot, why cant it see the files?

Thanks

2. ralphsteven

ralphsteven New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try to use another file manager. On Google Play you will find a lot of such applications. Install a file manager and see if the problem is solved

3. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    In case it's a cache issue, try a restart. There is also an app called Rescan Media that may help.

4. Bachan

Bachan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really feel that the phone would have worked before if I knew more about how it does things, but oh well. I have a new file manager now and that helps me do what I needed to do. I can locate and see them. I assume that it uses the proper phone function that I didnt know how to access before. Thanks so much for the help.

5. ralphsteven

ralphsteven New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We are glad to hear that everything is fine now:happy3: