Cant use phone.

seansdroid49

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here the name is Sean.

Anyways tonight i was putting the cynagenmod rom on my phone because well i liked it. Well i followed a tutoriol on youtube and i got it put on. Thing is after it was all loaded up i had no market place or anything and everytime i try to do a facotry reset it takes me back to Rom manager boot instead of the yellow triangle. I dont know what to do. I need my phone. so im turning to you guys guys can anyone please help me and maybe point me in the right direction on how to get cynagen installed correctly on my phone i would much appreciate it.

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
the problem is that you didnt get the googls apps with the ROM
what recovery are you using SPRecovery or Clockwork?

and do you have a back up of your ROM before you did the wipe?

OP
seansdroid49

seansdroid49

Reaction score
I downloaded the free version of clockwork. But i think when i got the phone my buddy put sp on it. My friend is the one that rooted it and put dmupdater and everything on it. I saw this and it looked straight forwards so i tried it and ya im an idiot. thanks for helping me man.

OP
seansdroid49

seansdroid49

Reaction score
I guess i thought all my stuff would come over iwth it to. LIke my set cpu and all that stuff none of my apps came over either and right now im oblivious.

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
no problem..
ok try this ..

not to be rude but when explaining this im going to assume you have no idea what your doing.. just to keep things as easy for you as i can

boot into recovery by holding the x key while powering up.. untill you see the motorola M go away,

assuming you have CW recovery scroll down

nandroid> (click camera key)
Restore>
choose the very last one there (if any)

if not we need to re install a ROM how did you DL and install Cyan? through the ROM manager app?

OP
seansdroid49

seansdroid49

Reaction score
I mounted my phone just now and went to to nandroid file and it says preinstall bds and some numbers. So i dont know if that means i do or not. I backed up before i did the cynagenmod but i think it got wiped off somehow.

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok the numbers are dates and time of BU ex. 2010-04-21.22.57.12 means 21/4/2010 22:57:12
choose the most recent or any one you know to be good

OP
seansdroid49

seansdroid49

Reaction score
i followed this dudes vid. YouTube - motodroidlife's Channel

Let me ask this. When i had DMupadter on my phone before all this is that the rom or just a downloader or what im trying to figure out what i had before and Starscream i'm doing the last one on the nandroid ill let you know what happens.

OP
seansdroid49

seansdroid49

Reaction score
Well if i choose a backup from my comp how will i load it. Just dragging it into the dcim part of the folder and then holding the x button down when i boot back up and select it. Or am i way off.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think you have clockwork recovery. if so your backup will be in the clockwork/backup folder. the nandroid thats on the root of your sdcard is for sprecovery. the backup there was created by dmupdater. it makes a backup for you when it flashes DM 1.0.
theres a clockwork troubleshooting guide in my sig and that might help. has screen shots to guide you throught it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
seansdroid49

seansdroid49

Reaction score
Starscream you dont have like an instant messanger do you to walk me through this. Or is that against the rules on here to ask something like that.

OP
seansdroid49

seansdroid49

Reaction score
ok now after the restore what do i select on the screen

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
ok i see you're new to messing with recoveries. unplug your phone. power off and then hold x and power on. that will get you into recovery. from there you can load the backup you made. if you use the preinstall you found from your pc it wont work. sprecovery and clockwork recovery are not compatible.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
seansdroid49

seansdroid49

Reaction score
I already did a recovery or whatever it says restore complete i just dont know what to select from there.