Can't use phone in house--new problem

prekmaam

Reaction score
:hail: Help please! I am running Android V. 4.1.2 I used to get a signal of 3 bars while talking in my house. Now I get from 0 to 1 bars and usually cannot even get a call or text. Sometimes I do not even know a call came in until I leave my general neighborhood area. If I am able to make or retrieve a call, I have a very poor signal and lose the call. Other people in my house with the same phone seem to still have a signal of 3 bars. I went to my local Verizon store and they replaced the SIM card. It didn't change anything. I also received a new battery a few months ago. Any ideas????

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
what baseband version are you on? (settings > about phone)

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum,

As trange as this possibility may sound/be, it is possible some change in environment caused a problem, maybe even some new construction nearby, or close to the tower you get the signal from. See if anyone else in your neighborhood using your carrier, is seeing the same problem. The update on my S3 did not change the signal strength at all.

Reaction score
I have been having the same problem with my S3 where I have been dropping calls in places that I have never dropped calls. I used to always get 3 to 4 bars at my desk in my office at work and now I get 1 to 2 and 8 out of 10 times I will either drop a call when I am sitting amy desk or the call never comes thru. I have called Verizon and supposedly they have escalated my issue but that was on last Friday day and as of yet I haven't heard anything back. I am runn baseband version I535VRBMF1. This started about 3 weeks ago now and it has been driving me crazy.

OP
prekmaam

prekmaam

Reaction score
I have been having the same problem with my S3 where I have been dropping calls in places that I have never dropped calls. I used to always get 3 to 4 bars at my desk in my office at work and now I get 1 to 2 and 8 out of 10 times I will either drop a call when I am sitting amy desk or the call never comes thru. I have called Verizon and supposedly they have escalated my issue but that was on last Friday day and as of yet I haven't heard anything back. I am runn baseband version I535VRBMF1. This started about 3 weeks ago now and it has been driving me crazy.

I have the same baseband version! What does this mean and how do i fix it???

JRParsons

Reaction score
Take out your sim, reboot the device, you'll get an error message. Turn off the phone, put the sim back in and reboot. I read this on another forum. Good luck.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Same thing happened to me at my new apartment. Turns out the reception just sucks in this complex. I have to stand on a certain side to make calls and I can't walk around or else it cuts in and out. Sucks but....oh well. What can ya do?

jplemt

Reaction score
I had the same problem. No signal, phone would show signal, but when I would text or call it would say there was no service. Under system info and network type it would say unknown, or roaming, and no service, while having 2 bars of a signal. Data was useable, SIM card change didn't fix it. Got a replacement phone with a new SIM from Verizon and did the software update to the same base band and the new phone works ok.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
This was a common problem after certain software upgrades. Use Samsung kies to reset and restore your device to factory

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Have a friend or someone come over first and see if they have service before you go all out. Just to make sure...