cant use phone after....

JBag

Reaction score
after i hook the phone up to my car stereo via the aux jack i can't hear while trying to use the phone normally... if i try to unplug the phone while its ringing to answer it i wont hear anything unless i use the speakerphone or a Bluetooth device, anyone else having this problem and if you have had this problem how did you fix it?

ask for clarification, its hard for me to describe the issue but i did the best i can for now.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I get that same problem with any three post headphone jack removal... including headphones that don't have a microphone... but with a stereo headset with mic the plug is four post and this problem does not occur.... weird

Here's what I do to solve but it still ain't right... it works every time though

Unplug three times... that's it

Pull it out..put it in..pull it out..put it in..pull it out.......baammm... works every time
Just like sex

OP
J

JBag

Reaction score
i'll give it a shot, that would be very odd if indeed it has to do with the amount of posts on the jack, ithanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get that same problem with any three post headphone jack removal... including headphones that don't have a microphone... but with a stereo headset with mic the plug is four post and this problem does not occur.... weird

Here's what I do to solve but it still ain't right... it works every time though

Unplug three times... that's it

Pull it out..put it in..pull it out..put it in..pull it out.......baammm... works every time
Just like sex

ROFLOL, POTD!!!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Did I just get post of the day?? I'm honored

This is the stupidest answer I've ever posted on a forum but I had to say it because it's gotten me out of trouble many times when I HAVE TO answer that call and I don't wanna do it on speakerphone... I don't want to pretend like I "figured this out" myself... it just happened and it worked... and I don't know why. Then I told a couple buddies and they confirmed it does the trick

What were looking for now is a four post line out to rca jacks or four post line out to three post line in that doesn't ground out the mic contact and see if THAT solves the problem...

Anybody???

navdoc1110

Reaction score
when my phone is plugged into the stereo jack..it rings over the stereo and will take calls over the car speakers when on a regular call...loove it

OP
J

JBag

Reaction score
lol, pulling the jack out 3x works about 35% of the time and at that point i dont think that is whats fixing it lol. i think its more or less the problem doesnt arise at that point. i dont want to reboot everytime i want to talk on the phone after pulling it from my car, but great fix :/.