Can't use google search to make calls.

TheLastNative

Reaction score
I just bought a Droid 2 last night. I came from an LG Voyager and was trying to stay away from smartphones as long as possible. After going through 9 Voyagers and my 10th beginning to go out I decided to skip the Blackberry Bold Blackfriday deal and dive into a Droid 2.

Now I really do love this thing, most of the features are working for me. However, the voice dialing is non existent. The microphone picks up what I want 99% of the time but doesn't do the right task. I'll ask it to call Josh Davis, Josh Davis Mobile or Call Josh and instead of doing so it will google search it.

I'm speaking very clear and at a good pace. I stumbled across this forum by searching this and someone had said to import/export the contacts through SD then attach to gmail. That isn't working either. I'd reply to that thread but I know how people get about bumping threads a few months old.

Any suggestions?

Speech Maven

Reaction score
Contact Dialing

Make sure that you have the contacts in your gmail account. Also, keep in mind that if the name is 'unusual' - that is not a very common one, the system may have a hard time understanding it. For example, the system would have a hard time with "call Zbigniew Brzezinski"

OP
T

TheLastNative

Reaction score
Well it'll work...but will google search. And it will search what I said...i.e. "call so-and-so." Though it's gotten somewhat better. I may just have to learn it's curve.