Cant use display during call

helltime

Reaction score
On my motorola droid, when i make a call, after it has starting ringing, the display goes out and i cant end call, use dial pad or anything, i try moving the phone like before and it stays black, it only comes back if i slide the phone open, and it doesnt always come back then either. Is there a setting or something that got changed?

OP
H

helltime

Reaction score
it did when i first got it, it stopped doing that about 2-3 days ago. i havent dropped it or anything.

bomber889

Reaction score
There might be some hardware issues then. How long have you had your droid? Might wanna go back and get a new one.

bomber889

Reaction score
Yeah, might wanna take it back and get it exchanged. Have you downloaded anything recently

OP
H

helltime

Reaction score
no, i havent downloaded anything in about a week.

bomber889

Reaction score
Try taking it back to the store then and get it exchanged. Or try to look around the forum for more answers.

OP
H

helltime

Reaction score
i figured it out, i looked up a thread about a light sensor, and i looked and my screen protector is peeling up and some lint from my pockets was trapped between it and the sensor, all is well now and works good.

bomber889

Reaction score
Bah, didn't even think of anything that could be blocking your sensor. Good that you figured it out though.