Can't use Bluetooth phone in car with S8

pico1

Reaction score
I got an S8+ Verizon. I can play music via Bluetooth, but I can't use the phone. It makes the call but there is no audio. Anyone else have this? Car is 2015 Mazda 3. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using DroidForums

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
A friend told me today that his S8 and his daughters S8 will not play media through his aftermarket stereo in his car.

OP
pico1

pico1

Reaction score
A friend told me today that his S8 and his daughters S8 will not play media through his aftermarket stereo in his car.

This seems common with S8's. I wonder if it's the new Bluetooth 5 that's not playing nice.

See I have the opposite issue. Can play media fine, but when I make a call no audio. Call is connected still but can't hear the phone through my stock Bluetooth system.

OP
pico1

pico1

Reaction score
Any other feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

OP
pico1

pico1

Reaction score
I'll update. Tested it in my other car 17 Passat, and the phone functions worked fine. Media streaming as well.

That leads me to believe it is a Mazda compatability issue. Hopefully after a dealer software update that'll resolve it!

Last edited:

kbatrph

Reaction score
i have a 2010 GMC Terrain, and i also am having no problems with my factory stereo system and Bluetooth. Everything functions well.