Cant upload videos to youtube

tomatofoot

Reaction score
I recorded a video using my d2g thats about 100 mgb in size. I tried to upload it to youtube. Using the share option on the video options. When i do this it says "unable to upload videos over 1gb" problem is the video isnt even close to 1gb. Anybody find a fix for this?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

silverfang77

Reaction score
Are you trying to upload via the YouTube app? It will only upload videos under 20 MB over 3G. If you want to upload larger, you have to be on wifi.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

OP
tomatofoot

tomatofoot

Reaction score
I've tried both. I used the quick upload fearure on the video options and when that didnt work i opened the youtube app and tried to upload it from there. Both said" unable to upload videos over 1gb" since then i tried using the wifi in my house, but still get the same response. The video is 135 mb in size. What am i doin wrong?

silverfang77

Reaction score
My only guess would be server problems on YouTube's end or your video ended up being corrupted.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

OP
tomatofoot

tomatofoot

Reaction score
Dont know how or why my video would be corrupted when i recorded it using my droid 2 global. Was recorded in dvd quality setting though. I've seen other posts around saying people have the same problem. Any idea if gingerbread will fix this?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

silverfang77

Reaction score
I've had problems on my D2 (with Gingerbread) with videos I recorded randomly becoming corrupted after the recording finished. I don't know if the problem is with Android or if the microSD cards are just that unreliable.