Can't upload video/picts to mac

nrgirl

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am having a really big problem getting images and video onto my mac. I have done it successfully once, but I can't seem to do it now. In between there was a DROID X OS update, but I am not certain that is the problem.

My problem is that my Mac does not recognize the Droid X SD card through the USB cable. It states : "The disc inserted was not readable by this computer". It gives me an option to "ignore" or "eject" the SD Card. If I choose "ignore", the name of the SD card appears both in iPhoto and on my disc as "No Name", and I can see some folders on the SD card, but cannot access any images.

I have used Media Share and have selected Mass Media Storage before transfer. I read somewhere that reboot of phone may help, but it did not. I have read that Media Share may only work for PCs so I used iPhoto with just the USB cable, all with the same result : Can't read disc / "No Name" mounted.

I am very concerned as I have close to 1000 images/vids on the phone, all of them important to me.

Thanks !!!!

OldFart

Reaction score
I'm not a Mac guy, but... have you tried a bluetooth transfer?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I know you are on a Mac, so some of these terms may not be exactly "Mac compliant", but you should still be able to get the gist of what I am saying...

Forgive me if these instructions are written as if you have no idea what you are doing...I would rather do it step by step and you already know it, than to assume you know some of it and actually dont...it is not me trying to "dumb it down", but only to make it simple.

1) Connect the USB cable to the phone and PC...wait a few seconds...

2) That few seconds was to allow the SD card to "mount" if it needed to in order to be read by the PC. If it didnt "mount", then it more than likely is in "USB Charge Only Mode"..and we will address that next.

3) Now, reach up and "drag" down the Notification Bar Screen...anywhere in the middle of the bar will do and just "tap/drag" at the same time should work.

4) If it opened properly, you should now see "USB Connected"...tap it to bring up a pop-up window with 4 options. USB Mass Storage Mode, USB PC Mode, USB Charge Only Mode and Windows Media Sync Mode...we will be using USB Mass Storage mode, so tap it..

5) You may see in the Notification Bar an icon of an SD card doing a little "dance"..this is the SD card mounting again...its normal. Once it does it thing to completion, your PC is likely to open a folder showing more folders...this is the contents of your SD card. If it doesnt, we can do that manually by going to My Computer and click the "new" drive that has popped up...it should read as 16GB or so...

6) Even if your SD Card is labeled "No Name", you should be able to access it, as you stated you saw "a bunch of folders, but no images etc"...and if so, all you need to do is go to the folder named "DCIM", and inside it the CAMERA folder...there you will find your pix and vids...

buffasaur

Reaction score
How to load Droid X photos/videos on Mac iPhoto

I am a Mac guy, and this was a great annoyance. So we can be clear, I'm using a Droid X (Android 2.2.1), MacBook Pro (OS X 10.6.7) and iLife/iPhoto 09. I tried all the various tips, and nothing, couldn't see any photos or files (the phone would appear as no name, but no photos, no import button). In a fit of frustration, I connected using the USB cable, and selected Windows Media Sync from the drop down (yes it sounds dangerous and counter-intuitive). But then, droidX appeared in iPhoto, along with pictures and an import button. Violia - pictures imported into iPhoto.

analyzer

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am having a really big problem getting images and video onto my mac. I have done it successfully once, but I can't seem to do it now. In between there was a DROID X OS update, but I am not certain that is the problem.

My problem is that my Mac does not recognize the Droid X SD card through the USB cable. It states : "The disc inserted was not readable by this computer". It gives me an option to "ignore" or "eject" the SD Card. If I choose "ignore", the name of the SD card appears both in iPhoto and on my disc as "No Name", and I can see some folders on the SD card, but cannot access any images.

I have used Media Share and have selected Mass Media Storage before transfer. I read somewhere that reboot of phone may help, but it did not. I have read that Media Share may only work for PCs so I used iPhoto with just the USB cable, all with the same result : Can't read disc / "No Name" mounted.

I am very concerned as I have close to 1000 images/vids on the phone, all of them important to me.

Thanks !!!!

You might want to check out doubleTwist or Dropbox - Simplify your life Good luckdancedroid

analyzer

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks !!!!

You might want to check out doubleTwist or Dropbox - Simplify your life Good luckdancedroid

emmrut

Reaction score
can't upload video

I have a droid incredible and a mac book. What do I do to upload the videos that I took with my phone onto my macbook?

I connected my phone to my mac using the usb cord. I get the 4 following options:
Charge only
HTC sync (sync contacts and calendar)
Disk Drive (mount as a Disk drive)
Mobile Broadband Connect (share phone's mobile network with PC)

Now what?

jkingsman

Reaction score
How to download all pics from HTC Droid to Mac

Connect your Droid to your Mac using USB cord. You will get an error message on your Mac indicating THE DISK YOU INSERTED IS NOT READABLE -- select IGNORE. Iphoto should auto open. (On your Droid, drag down the notification bar and be sure that DISK DRIVE option is checked.) You will then see 2 (two) NO NAME DISC DRIVES ICONS on your desktop. ....... (1) Your gallery photos will automatically load up into Iphoto (just like a camera will) and you will be able to download any and all which is the easy part. ...... (2) Your downloaded pics, SD card pics, and from texts and other apps such as a Retro Camera will be viewable under your camera on your Droid, but will not automatically be available to upload into Iphoto nor viewable in Iphoto.....TO GET THESE - double click on one of your DESKTOP NO NAME DISC DRIVES. One icon is for your Gallery Photos, and the other icon has your downloads and SD card photos (among other things). Find your photos, then drag to your desktop - then drag into Iphoto. p.s. You may still have copies of the photos on your desktop after you drag into Iphoto - simply drag to your trash. I hope this is clear.