Can't update/uninstall certain apps in BB .5

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Skymutt, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Skymutt

Skymutt New Member

running BB V.5 on my OG Droid and "core" apps like Facebook, Twitter, and Gmail will not update. I can't even uninstall them to just full download the new versions either. The market page shows update as an option, the files download, but after trying to install I get an error saying "the package file is not signed correctly." I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that these apps were made part of the ROM?

Anyone else run into this? Any way to uninstall these apps, or am I stuck with the ancient versions unless I completely wipe?
  2. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Get an app that let's you browse root (root explorer, rom toolbox) and then go to /system/app and just delete the apk. Then reboot and install from market and you should be good to go. Or you could always update to a newer version, either the newest version of BB or any other rom out there.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. Skymutt

Skymutt New Member

Thanks a million, I'm going to give that a try and hope it works. I really don't want to go through the hassle of wiping and installing a new ROM because I'm hoping to get a new phone for Xmas. Be back with a status update...
  4. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Before you do what ogre said. I'd try just going settings>app settings>manage apps, then clicking on the app and uninstall or first clear cache and data. If that doesn't work, then do what ogre said.

Ya know I was just reading over my post again and it may not work ;) but it's worth a try before you go buy an app... :p
  5. Skymutt

Skymutt New Member

Thanks Rube, I had already tried both of those and neither works. And now, after trying ROM toolbox (free) it FC's every time I start the root browser, lol. I think I may just be stuck with it for now, and if I don't get a newer phone, then I'll wipe and go with a newer ROM anyway.

Unless someone can tell me how to remove/delete the apk through terminal emulator...
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  6. DocWalt

DocWalt New Member

I had the same issue. I had to do a SBF wipe, even a wipe from recovery wasn't fixing the issue.
Search tags for this page

can't uninstall any apps android

can't uninstall facebook android

can't uninstall facebook app android

i can't uninstall an app on android