cant update to latest version of droidmod(BADBLOCK)?

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by droidor, May 17, 2010.

1. droidor

droidor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ive been trying to update to the latest version of droid mod for EVER so here i am. im a noob and not tech savvy and thats why i picked droid mod. now im stuck with version 1.0. i get an error that says (An Error has occurred!
    mtd.MEMGETBADBLOCK returned 1 at 0x004600
    (errno=0)!!!!! i will paypal 5$ to anyone that can help me fix it!

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    :shocked: there's a new version of droidmod out?

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I saw that Droidmod had a new version today. I have not downloaded it so I can't tell you about any issues, but you don't have to offer money for help. We are all here to help each other.

Have you tried restarting your Droid or a 30 second battery pull? Other then that I have no answers. Maybe somebody else will have a better solution, have you looked at the message boards at DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does. That might be your best solution.

4. droidor

droidor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no the latest version that came out a while ago. but new to me if i can ever get it to work. version 11 (0.1.1)

5. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    Ok....link? All i see on their website is v1.0.0. What is this you say!?

6. JLags917

JLags917 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im not sure but i think dm updater is just 1.1 not the actual rom itself i could be wrong..

7. droidor

droidor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  8. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    This error is basically telling you that a portion of your flash RAM has gone bad. If you were to boot into recovery and manually format the partitions, it would help narrow down exactly WHICH partition the bad flash block is in (and would also erase all of your data, so take that as a word of caution).

That is the one problem with flash RAM, erasing and rewriting blocks will eventually cause them to fail. I have a couple of bad MTD blocks in my DATA partition, for example - however, in my case they cause no issues. It could be that your bad block is somewhere in the recovery partition; i've heard of that causing problems like you describe when trying to flash a new "ROM".

Unfortunately, there's no way to fix memory blocks that have physically gone bad. The only real 'fix' would be to return the device to Verizon. However, good luck explaining to them how you figured out the blocks are bad. There's no way to know that without doing something (flashing a custom ROM) that voids your warranty.

You COULD try following the directions in the thread on how to use the SBF file to go back to stock; but that won't fix the problem most likely. However, it MAY work - I suspect that somewhere in the SBF flashing process, bad MTD blocks are flagged and the system acts like they're not there. I'm not sure that the recovery partition (if that is indeed where your bad blocks are) has enough space to flash the custom recovery, however, once it has bad blocks. I believe it's only big enough to hold the recovery image, with no extra space - but i've been wrong before.

9. droidor

droidor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    looks like im sol???

10. droidor

droidor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so can i put a different rom like bugless beast on or am i sol there too?

Search tags for this page
latest version of droidmod

memgetbadblock