Can't update to .340 to install ROM!

jen7724

Reaction score
Ok, I've spent hours trying to research this and can't come up with much so I'm reaching out for help...

I'm on a rooted DX no custon ROM or Theme. I did not delete any bloatware, only renamed it, and have put it all back to stock. I want to download my first ROM (Liberty) but I have to be on .340 in order to get it.

I can pull the OTA from my phone and it goes through the whole process of downloading then fails to install (no error code). I'm currently on 2.3.15 OTA.

Does anyone have any fairly simple instructions on how to get the update?

Also, I rooted using DoRoot and as far as I know there is no unroot process so unrooting, pushing the update and then rerooting is not an option unless I'm misinformed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm sure it's something easier than I realize (or at least I hope so!)

gmenfan83

Reaction score
Ok, I've spent hours trying to research this and can't come up with much so I'm reaching out for help...

I'm on a rooted DX no custon ROM or Theme. I did not delete any bloatware, only renamed it, and have put it all back to stock. I want to download my first ROM (Liberty) but I have to be on .340 in order to get it.

I can pull the OTA from my phone and it goes through the whole process of downloading then fails to install (no error code). I'm currently on 2.3.15 OTA.

Does anyone have any fairly simple instructions on how to get the update?

Also, I rooted using DoRoot and as far as I know there is no unroot process so unrooting, pushing the update and then rerooting is not an option unless I'm misinformed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm sure it's something easier than I realize (or at least I hope so!)
not sure why the update wont go through but you can easily use the the update zip in this link and you will be caught up to speed ,,,,after just reroot using z4root ,,,make sure though once on .340 you dont try to restore any backups from the older version or anything,,,,if you have many nandroids from 2.3.15 i would delete them once updated as they will not work and can add to confusion,,,heres the link
maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
+1....just run Maderschramm's zip through clockwork, reboot and you'll be on 2.3.340. You'll need to root again though.

OP
jen7724

jen7724

Reaction score
Thank you guys so much! I'll give that a try!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
jen7724

jen7724

Reaction score
Quick thought...would my update fail have anything to do with the Overclock app and any settings I've changed in there?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It could be a number of different things: missing bloatware, being deodexed, having clockwork, being ROMmed...Just install the zip and it will get you to where you need to be