Can't update to 2.4.330.en.US after rooting phone and deleting blockbuster, etc.

schwedhart

Reaction score
I recently got a Droid 2 Gobal (first droid, previously had Palm Pre Plus) and, following the advice of another website, i rooted using Z4, then deleted much of the bloatware. Now i keep getting a message saying "update available" ( 2.4.330.en.US) and the update downloads then fails to install, then phone reboots and tells me that the same update is available.

I've been looking around here and am somewhat weary of going through the whole flashing/sbf process lest i brick my phone.

can someone tell me if it's safe for me to do that or if i should just stick with my current software configuration? Thank so much for the help

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
All bloatware needs to be present for update to work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
S

schwedhart

Reaction score
yeah, i've learned that the hard way.. my question is will the rsd lite 4.8 and sbf 2.3.20 work with this phone, and is it easy enough to do for a droid newbie

CellZealot

Reaction score
The second file is the one you want. The first is for D2 not D2Global.
Make sure you get the latest drivers available too.

Reaction score
You need RSDLite 4.9. 4.8 won't be compatible with the D2G, I'm 99% sure. If you google it, there are plenty of places to download 4.9.

OP
S

schwedhart

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, the SBF Flash worked perfectly, and the update is being installed as we speak.

bgrade

Reaction score
does anybody mind packing the 2.4.33 update and posting it like they did 2.4.29 for people outside the US?

CellZealot

Reaction score
Despite the name that file will load the 2.4.33 update on your phone.

That is the file that has been repeatedly pushed out to my phones because they are both on 2.4.29 still.