1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't Update PRL

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by sn2hotty, Mar 3, 2011.

1. sn2hotty

sn2hotty Member

I have the NexTheme installed over PE v. 5.0.2. Last night, as well as a few minutes ago, I tried to update the PRL on my phone, so I dialed *228, which brought me to the "Activate your Phone" screen (with no dial pad visible on the screen). When the call picks up and the message plays to "activate your phone" or "update your roaming capabilities", I cannot return to the phone screen to press "2" (or "1" for that matter, LOL)--i.e., there is no option to open the phone dialpad, and when I swipe the status bar down to tap on the "current call", it does nothing, and the Activate Your Phone screen remains on the screen, with no other options (can't even end the call). I CAN tap the Home button, then hit the Phone icon, and the dial pad comes up, however when I press "2" (or "1"), the system does not respond. After the message repeats a few times, the familiar music plays when one of the options is normally selected, and after a few seconds, the message that my phone has been "programmed" successfully plays, and I am still unable to return to the phone dialpad (it disconnects on its own. After rebooting the phone, the same PRL versions remains on my phone. It has been about 2 months since the last time I updated the PRL, so I'm sure there has to be a newer version by now!

I don't remember it happening with any other ROM. Obviously I did not update the PRL with any other Gingerbread ROM (previously tried UD 3.x, LGB 1.2, and GPA12) so unfortunately I can't answer whether the problem existed with other Gingerbread ROMS. It DID work correctly in UD 2.5, and previous versions of BB (.4 and above).

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  2. Zepius

Zepius New Member

just dial *22890 or *22899. it should bypass the menu for you and update your PRL
  3. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

Or you could pull out the keyboard and press 1 or 2 there.
  4. sn2hotty

sn2hotty Member

Thanks! Both the *22890 and keyboard options seem to have worked but the PRL version did not change, so I guess Verizon has not released a new version (52220). I have not heard of *22890 until now. As far as the physical keyboard trick goes, I can't believe I overlooked the obvious! LOL

Only reason I posted this here is because I thought it may be an issue with PE since that had not had that happen in any other ROM. Thanks again for the help!
  5. tgambitg

tgambitg New Member

Also, dialing *228+ will override the default setting and allow you to use the soft dialpad.
  6. sn2hotty

sn2hotty Member

That also worked. Thanks!
  7. droidlady05

droidlady05 New Member

What is a PRL?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. Zepius

Zepius New Member

preferred roaming list.

basically its a list of all the towers in your area your phone can communicate with. the more up to date it is, the better reception you will have and therefore better battery life cause your phone isnt looking for towers that are not there or too far away.
  9. droidlady05

droidlady05 New Member

Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page

android verizon update towers dialpad

can not update my prl on my htc phone

can't update roaming capabilities with rooted samsung fascin

cannot update prl samsung galaxy

do i need to update roaming capabilities on thunderbolt

how to update prl on htc rezound without pc

how to update prl with dialpad