Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That must be a record... ;-)

A true modding warrior!

S5 tap'n
When you've gotten used to 5yrs of no ads, each and every little ad in all the apps becomes quite an eye sore...

And yeah it's probably my personal record at least. I think initially when I got it, I left it stock for 2 days...

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I root for Nandroids. I don't need it for anything else.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have noticed radio signal has gone up, but it could be due just to reading it too. At home with 4.2.2, or even 4.4.4 ROMs, I was in the mid to high 90s in dBms. Right now, I'm sitting at mid 80s, and my signal strength in the battery "history details", is all green.

The real test will be later on when I go to some places where I usually get bad signal. So far happy with it though.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Welp at my usual weekly spot for Sunday lunch where I get very poor signal.

Sitting at - 115dBms and 25asu.

Still managing to stay on 4g though.

No doubt there's some improvement, but still pretty sad considering the s4 was a flagship device.

And I think I'm finally getting those XLTE speeds at home. I was getting almost 40mb at home and that's a bit faster than home internet. Before I updated the phone, I was barely getting 25mb average.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I've never had LTE. After all of these years Sammy still hasn't figured out how to bake it into their Exynos devices. HSDPA is where I have been since the S2.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
@dezymond I used to have some signal issues as well, my problem was verizon had me provisioned for USA (NO ROAM). Take a look and see what your on. It fixed alot of my stability issues

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
@dezymond I used to have some signal issues as well, my problem was verizon had me provisioned for USA (NO ROAM). Take a look and see what your on. It fixed alot of my stability issues
I've used both Global and just CDMA/LTE mode, doesn't make a difference. Done just about every trick in the book to try and make signal better on this thing and it's just the radios in the device, plain and simple. Samsung talks about being the next best thing, but they're cutting corners on the radios. I'm sure they've improved since the s4, but considering this was a flagship device at one point, it's a bit embarrassing.

The update from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 shows a pretty significant improvement in radio performance, but even then the signals this phone gets are pretty mediocre to the competition.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
@dezymond, did you turn the phone off. Remove SIM, turn phone on...wait 5 mins. Power off, re insert SIM, and power back on?? This will reset the radio