Can't update Facebook or Twitter

jjj751

Reaction score
There's a new update for Facebook today and I can't seem to install the update. It keeps saying update unsuccessful. I also can't install twitter bc it keeps saying installation unsuccessful. Im running the Liberated Honeycomb theme.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Go into the toolbox under app management and remove apps. Hit menu to show all apps and then uninstall from there.

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
I still can't uninstall the apps with that method. I still see them in my app drawer even after I delete them from toolbox. I rebooted afterwards and they're still there.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

manaox2

Reaction score
You can use root explorer to delete the apk file for the app from the system/app directory and then reboot. For google voice and facebook, I had to use titanium backup to uninstall, reboot, and instal from market. This seems most likely because the apps and their widgets were themed by the mysterious beast skin I use and they are marked as system apps.

JkdJedi

Reaction score
I got the same thing happening
W/ Google Voice. Anyone else? Edit: just read the thread above, thanks!
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ColinZack

Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but if I update will I lose the color scheme of the FB icon that is currently associated with my theme?

HemiDroid03

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem but only with FB... keep getting force closings... before even entering the forum I did exactly what JRummy explained above... I got to install the new FB successfully but I keep getting FORCE CLOSED!! help?? I'm also on Liberty 1.5 w/ honey comb theme

mudvayne622

Reaction score
Once someone creates a new themed FB for the current version(1.5.2)it will install perfectly over the previous version(1.5.1). Atleast thats how it worked for me last time FB updated.

Sent from my DROIDX