Can't update after 1.0 update, ROM Manager

ScottPV

Reaction score
MOTO Droid issue

After I (easily) flashed 1.0, ROM manager will not work. I can't install themes, create backups, boot into recovery, etc with ROM manager.

Tried installing via OTA and via PC. Neither work.

Even starting with the x and power on option does not work.

Did I lose root?

Scott

captdroid

Reaction score
MOTO Droid issue

After I (easily) flashed 1.0, ROM manager will not work. I can't install themes, create backups, boot into recovery, etc with ROM manager.

Did I lose root?

Scott

Go into ROM manager and flash older clockwork recovery version then flash back to the current version should fix it.

OP
S

ScottPV

Reaction score
MOTO Droid issue

Did I lose root?

Scott

Go into ROM manager and flash older clockwork recovery version then flash back to the current version should fix it.

Didnt work. I only get the M at boot. I have to pull the battery to get the phone to boot. Then it works fine.

captdroid

Reaction score
MOTO Droid issue

Did I lose root?

Scott

Didnt work. I only get the M at boot. I have to pull the battery to get the phone to boot. Then it works fine.

Try flashing SPR alternate recovery bottom of the ROM manager menu.

PJnc284

Reaction score
Do you have the option to "erase recovery" checked in rom manager? I'm not having any issues booting into the latest version of clockworkmod (2.5.0.1) on Sapphire 1.0 but on the previous version 0.8.4, flashing 2.0.2.4 under All ClockworkMod Recoveries usually allowed me to boot into recovery.

OP
S

ScottPV

Reaction score
Problem solved.

I reverted back a few version of CWM. I also restored an earlier ROM. One of both solved the problem.